British Speedway Forum

Don't see the big attraction with the team 

3 heat leaders, 4 reserves on last years form

won't make playoffs

On 12/16/2018 at 1:46 PM, foamfence said:

It's "should HAVE been compulsory" and it shouldn't. I thing British Speedway should give opportunities to young British riders, I think this years setup looks both refreshing and exciting and a pleasant change from helping foreign riders develop.

"I thing British Speedway" ?????? pot calling kettle......

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cupidstunt said:

Don't see the big attraction with the team 

3 heat leaders, 4 reserves on last years form

won't make playoffs

3 good heat leaders & 4 with great potential. Can only go,one way........

2 hours ago, slyfox said:

3 good heat leaders & 4 with great potential. Can only go,one way........

3 inconsistent heat leaders, they can beat anyone on their day but also have the odd shocker. Charles is a great signing.

I’m think the team looks ok but it doesn’t stand out for me. 

On 12/16/2018 at 12:26 PM, ch958 said:

i get sick of this 'watering down' comment from all and sundry on here. The 'product' is the racing, not names. Well matched teams on a good racing surface is the 'product'.

I personally couldn't disagree any more with you. The SGP provides much better racing than National League. The higher quality riders on a good track provide better entertainment. The product and quality is constantly weakened by the teams constantly being watered down on a yearly basis.

24 minutes ago, Najjer said:

I personally couldn't disagree any more with you. The SGP provides much better racing than National League. The higher quality riders on a good track provide better entertainment. The product and quality is constantly weakened by the teams constantly being watered down on a yearly basis.

well i couldn't disagree with you more. GPs do provide good entertainment so they say, i can't get interested in them. Just opinions i know.

8 minutes ago, ch958 said:

well i couldn't disagree with you more. GPs do provide good entertainment so they say, i can't get interested in them. Just opinions i know.

Spot on for the first twelve heats of most GPs, with the riders hugging the white line.

44 minutes ago, Najjer said:

IMO the reason why the GP's provide better racing consistently than any league is because you have the closest matched riders in ability competing against each other. If teams were made up of riders starting on 3-5 point averages the racing would be more entertaining, all leagues are blighted with 2/3 point riders at one end and 9/10 at the other, then wonder why close exciting racing isn't regularly served up.

24 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

IMO the reason why the GP's provide better racing consistently than any league is because you have the closest matched riders in ability competing against each other. If teams were made up of riders starting on 3-5 point averages the racing would be more entertaining, all leagues are blighted with 2/3 point riders at one end and 9/10 at the other, then wonder why close exciting racing isn't regularly served up.

there's 4 positions up for grabs in a race! 3rd place instead of 4th might be the point that wins the match. Its a team game

2 hours ago, ch958 said:

GPs as a collective doesn't interest me compared to team sport. However, the standard of racing on offer and the quality is far superior compared to National League.

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Absolutely - That'll only be worse this year with Cook, Schlein, Harris, Nicholls, King hanging around and a shed load of 2 pointers coming in at reserve.

2 hours ago, Najjer said:

The most boring races you will see all year are the first heats in the GP's.

• Like 2

On 12/16/2018 at 12:26 PM, ch958 said:

i get sick of this 'watering down' comment from all and sundry on here. The 'product' is the racing, not names. Well matched teams on a good racing surface is the 'product'.

While I  agree its the product that matters,can they justify the prices they are currently charging for the “ watering down”.Think a lot of people will thinking twice regarding paying former “big names” over the top money IMO.

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

While I  agree its the product that matters,can they justify the prices they are currently charging for the “ watering down”.Think a lot of people will thinking twice regarding paying former “big names” over the top money IMO.

So what would be gained by dropping the price and the debts continuing with early closure by the promotions.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

So what would be gained by dropping the price and the debts continuing with early closure by the promotions.

Nothing would be gained,just pointing out one of the the reasons why people wont be flocking back to the sport IMO.Wages to riders are the reason the sport is in the state that it is in.Set pay rates with bonuses to riders if crowd levels increase instead of giving them money that can’t be afforded.

14 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I think think next years team is better than this year's was.

• Like 1