British Speedway Forum

33 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

What’s happened to him?

Plenty of rumours at the track last Friday, all of a similar vein.

Given that they seem to be related to personal rather than speedway issues I don't think they can be aired on a public forum

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Brummies bound maybe ?

I have a feeling he won't be riding anywhere but it's just a hunch.

15 minutes ago, erimus11 said:

Given that they seem to be related to personal rather than speedway issues I don't think they can be aired on a public forum

Why not? If people were openly discussing it at the track as you say, what's the difference?

2 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Why not? If people were openly discussing it at the track as you say, what's the difference?

Because they are personal problems .. Would you like any of your personal problems discussed all over a speedway forum ? 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

Because they are personal problems .. Would you like any of your personal problems discussed all over a speedway forum ? 

I'm trying to work out why it's acceptable to discuss it at a speedway track but not on a speedway forum?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Najjer said:

I'm trying to work out why it's acceptable to discuss it at a speedway track but not on a speedway forum?

I don't they discussed the reason (other than just speculation) just the fact that rumours suggested he might leave.

32 minutes ago, erimus11 said:

1 minute ago, foamfence said:

I don't they discussed the reason (other than just speculation) just the fact that rumours suggested he might leave.

The post quoted above yours, seems to suggest otherwise.

7 minutes ago, Najjer said:

At the track it's will have been one to one ( probably mates) conversation or a small group...slightly different to putting it out on a public forum.

Mind you I think you already knew that and you're  trying to stir it for some reason

• Like 5

Gutted for Ben, but not a massive surprise. Hope he can get things sorted. 

Ulrich would look to be an almost obvious replacement. Not sure on averages, but what would the likes of Becker or Bellego come down on? 

4 minutes ago, boz said:

Gutted for Ben, but not a massive surprise. Hope he can get things sorted. 

Ulrich would look to be an almost obvious replacement. Not sure on averages, but what would the likes of Becker or Bellego come down on? 

Becker would be good but would his visa allow it?

54 minutes ago, Najjer said:

I mean come on buddy you are having a laugh surely ???? For a start a face to face conversation is less likely to be taken the wrong way or there be lees chance of any  confusion  .Secondly a speculative conversation (im guessing ) between a handful (im guessing) of people you know, is completely different to putting it on a forum thread currently viewed 45,781 times  do you not think ?

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie
  • Like 6

30 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Says on the gazette that he would get a ride somewhere else? Makes it even more confusing

What's confusing?

Redcar have released ( sacked ) him for ' personal reasons' which obviously have impacted on the club or they wouldn't have released him. The whole speedway world knows of his previous history and its standard these days when releasing a rider to state ' we hope he gets a ride elsewhere' .

Barker is one hell of a talented rider who wastes his talent because of ' personal issues '. If he put the money and effort into his speedway he would still be a heat leader in the premiership and an England regular but it's not going to happen and we wait and see which club is prepared to take him on next, will there be one?

• Like 2