British Speedway Forum

Outside of those stated, JBA , Ostergaard, Berge, not a lot of choice at heat leader level. New rules on averages rule out any possible contenders from the Premiership really ( Bellego, ) so it's a very limited field to chose from and no doubt other clubs thinking of making changes are thinking the same thing......who's out there???

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

....who's out there???

Ludde Lindgren

46 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Think Jonie Keskinen would be a more popular choice than him.

That might be right, but if it was down popularity,,, Barker might still be there. Sometimes, managerial decisions have to be made for what's best for the club, not what a couple of fans think.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Boothers said:

And to think we allowed Jacob to sign for the Geordies only last week. Doh!

As if he would have been decent replacement for Barker! Doh!

22 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

That might be right, but if it was down popularity,,, Barker might still be there. Sometimes, managerial decisions have to be made for what's best for the club, not what a couple of fans think.

Right decision by the promotion in my opinion. Good first season. Poor 2nd on crap bikes and was riding a moped this season. Good riddance!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

As if he would have been decent replacement for Barker! Doh!

Sorry,  my attemp at irony backfired because I omitted a smiley face. Doh!

• Like 1

Guest Loose Diamond
11 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Think Jonie Keskinen would be a more popular choice than him.

Who?

Guest Loose Diamond
14 hours ago, Norfolk Bear said:

He is most certainly NOT who we want , Is Nike Luna fit ??

Hello. I stand to be corrected here but he is having a season out. Although in December 22nd. 2018. Speedway Star. Lunna said that he had been surfing in Indonesia and was fitter than he had ever been (??) Was pleased that he had signed for Newcastle, then just before the beginning of the season decides he is not riding because of fitness/injury problems??.His decision obviously but to me slightly confusing. A bit like recent decision of Zach Wajtknecht's to take time out of speedway.

53 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

Who?

Redcar fans will remember the Brian Havelock signing of Finnish rider Keskinen. He had purple hair and only ever beat one opposition rider and became a legend for it, he beat Derek Sneddon for a third place and had a song written about it.

11 hours ago, Boothers said:

And to think we allowed Jacob to sign for the Geordies only last week. Doh!

So you think signing an assessed 4 point rider ( who actually struggled to score 4 at any time ) is the right move to replace a heat leader average scoring around seven?

Theres a reason no club has signed Bukhave , till now, and that reason is he isn't that good. A nice lad and competent on a bike but he's no heat leader as yet.

1 minute ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

So you think signing an assessed 4 point rider ( who actually struggled to score 4 at any time ) is the right move to replace a heat leader average scoring around seven?

Theres a reason no club has signed Bukhave , till now, and that reason is he isn't that good. A nice lad and competent on a bike but he's no heat leader as yet.

Oh for crying out loud....at least a couple of people realised what was intended. I was on my phone at the time and it wouldn't let me put a smiley/emoji (or whatever they're called). It was a sarcastic/ironic/sardonic/satirical/derisive comment that was in no way meant to be taken seriously.

In other words, a joke.

Has everyone got that? I was not being serious. OK?

:D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Loose Diamond said:

Who?

http://wwosbackup.proboards.com/thread/1565/joni-keskinen

• Haha 1