British Speedway Forum

Guest Loose Diamond
13 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

That might be right, but if it was down popularity,,, Barker might still be there. Sometimes, managerial decisions have to be made for what's best for the club, not what a couple of fans think.

I would have thought maybe quite a few more than a couple.

Ostergaard confirmed as the replacement for Barker.

Expected this to be honest, not a massive amount of riders to choose from based on the current averages.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Ostergaard confirmed as the replacement for Barker.

Expected this to be honest, not a massive amount of riders to choose from based on the current averages.

cripes . 

On 6/3/2019 at 7:22 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Think you're right with this one and Ully is a stitched on certainty to grace the M P A...

Regards 

THJ 

To easy a call to be honest made to measure and instantly available... and he will do a job plus it might be the change he needs to kick start his season and although he's been around a bit he still an experienced rider.. good luck to him...

Regards 

THJ 

9 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

Hello. I stand to be corrected here but he is having a season out. Although in December 22nd. 2018. Speedway Star. Lunna said that he had been surfing in Indonesia and was fitter than he had ever been (??) Was pleased that he had signed for Newcastle, then just before the beginning of the season decides he is not riding because of fitness/injury problems??.His decision obviously but to me slightly confusing. A bit like recent decision of Zach Wajtknecht's to take time out of speedway.

from what I was told over the winter months a holiday romance has turned into a long term one,we are all guilty at some point in our lives of making strange decisions when in love.

On 6/4/2019 at 6:49 PM, slyfox said:

Will make a reasonable 3rd Heat Leader. Was under to much pressure at Birmingham as No 1. Rides the MPA well and will be happy to slot into the team.

The way I saw him was.......Ulrich is a good/hard rider, but his machinery lacks speed....I reckon if B'ham had of known about Zach quitting before sacking Ulrich, he'd of still been with us now???

Great/likeable guy and I wish him well at Redcar!

On 6/4/2019 at 7:41 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

although he's been around a bit he still an experienced rider

Regards 

THJ 

Thought these were mutually compatible requirements? LOL! Will add lots of smiley faces in case anyone thinks I'm having a dig or anything :D:wink::wink::t:

Sad to see Ben go, but obviously off track Ben weighed more than on track Ben.

Ulrich fits the bill and I'll almost guarantee he ups his current Birmingham average back at the MPA.

(And John, just to reiterate, that isn't a dig. Just too good to leave unmentioned).

Honestly,

Boothers 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

The way I saw him was.......Ulrich is a good/hard rider, but his machinery lacks speed....I reckon if B'ham had of known about Zach quitting before sacking Ulrich, he'd of still been with us now???

Great/likeable guy and I wish him well at Redcar!

"of"?

8 minutes ago, foamfence said:

"of"?

Exactly!

May 31st ...Ulrich replaced !

June 2nd....Zach cries off!

Edited by GiveusaB

52 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

substitute 'have' for 'of' .  

Ohhhhh....is Foamfence giving out Grammar lessons ??? I thought he was questioning Brummies timing/tactical movement ???

My post reads exactly as us Brummies would say it : )))))

3 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Ohhhhh....is Foamfence giving out Grammar lessons ??? I thought he was questioning Brummies timing/tactical movement ???

My post reads exactly as us Brummies would say it : )))))

I think Foamy would of got it eventually. Its worked out best for all parties as Oystercard had to move on & Redcar have a home track expert. Providing there is a local Mountfield hopefully he can also get his lawnmowers serviced he may even get a point or two on the road.

• Haha 1