British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

And he will still be available for Redcar to sign next year or will they not want him then.

true but the points limit will have changed and Redcar will probably be banned from signing riders called David 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The bspa is a farce at times I think we all agree on that,normally thinks go wrong for my club but for once this time the decision has gone our way I do feel sorry for Redcar as if the shoe was on the other foot I’d be peed off as well,but it’s amazing really after all the talk about him signing Woolley has one of his best meetings for you.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

And you think that Plymouth fans and management will welcome Wallinger back with open arms and he will be very happy to go back to a set of fans who have given nothing but abuse to his proposed move to his home town club?

Really?

Stand by for another ' retirement '.

He wasn't leaving Plymouth, they were happy for him to continue doing away matches and they would use a facility for him at home (at least in the short term). So I guess the management won't have a problem welcoming him back and he won't have a problem continuing to ride for them as they didn't stand in the way of his 'dream' move.

2 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

The bspa is a farce at times I think we all agree on that,normally thinks go wrong for my club but for once this time the decision has gone our way I do feel sorry for Redcar as if the shoe was on the other foot I’d be peed off as well,but it’s amazing really after all the talk about him signing Woolley has one of his best meetings for you.

Ironically that was also true with the sacking of Ostergaard.

5 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

he didn`t beat anyone just got points from falls and non finishers , the bspa is a disgrace think all speedway fans agree on that , make a rule up or bend/change a rule if it suits a certain team or promotion

24 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Ironically that was also true with the sacking of Ostergaard.

And Jacob Bukhave from Newcastle.. Just saying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, homer said:

he didn`t beat anyone just got points from falls and non finishers , the bspa is a disgrace think all speedway fans agree on that , make a rule up or bend/change a rule if it suits a certain team or promotion

Not true, Tom was easily beating all those riders when they fell, deserved and earned every point. TBO I'm glad hr's staying, you cant ask more from a rider than giving their all and watching him improve week after week is what its all about.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, cheekycobra said:

Not true, Tom was easily beating all those riders when they fell, deserved and earned every point. TBO I'm glad hr's staying, you cant ask more from a rider than giving their all and watching him improve week after week is what its all about.

Would agree with most of that, but I am certain, Tom benefitted from Drew Kemps EF, (think it was in ht8).

On 8/13/2019 at 11:22 PM, Tsunami said:

No I don't. But the decision will make others think about who they take and when. People on here have regularly criticised the casual way that riders are being signed and dismissed, and expecting the BSPA to do something about it. Look at the recent pages for evidence.  Do if you do, do if you don't.

Well said dave

On 8/14/2019 at 11:30 AM, sidewinder said:

Would agree with most of that, but I am certain, Tom benefitted from Drew Kemps EF, (think it was in ht8).

Maybe but in his last race he was well in the mix and ok he tailed off towards the end of the race but he did mix it and it was a good race from all 4 riders for 3 laps

1 hour ago, pienpeesman said:

Maybe but in his last race he was well in the mix and ok he tailed off towards the end of the race but he did mix it and it was a good race from all 4 riders for 3 laps

No argument from me on that.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

That would be heat 14 where Tom gated and was mixing it with Kurtz when Jordan was ahead. Kurtz gated in the re-run and won.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cheekycobra said:

That would be heat 14 where Tom gated and was mixing it with Kurtz when Jordan was ahead. Kurtz gated in the re-run and won.

Yeah it was a good race just like the rest of them.. some of the moved the British champion pulls off on the boards against Danny king was class

• Like 2

And now David Wallinger (remember him? The rider who wanted to leave Plymouth and sign for Redcar, but was stopped from doing so by the authorities?) has been dropped by Plymouth!

• Haha 1