British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, johnyson66 said:

A bit of Redcar news Stewart in for MPT on Friday night , would have put Anderson in myself as Stewart has been quite poor lately 

Do they actually have that choice, or is it based on averages?

36 minutes ago, jenga said:

too much time on your hands,  i think .

dare not ask what Josh G,s surname is worth . over to u steve .

A bet it's more than 13,,,

but I do agree with you that he has too much time on his hands and, nothing better to do. Maybe it's because Newcastle have a bit of a quiet spell. It is nice tho, to be able to drop in our speedway friends team threads, just to see how their getting on like.

1 hour ago, foamfence said:

Do they actually have that choice, or is it based on averages?

I think it's supposed to be two of the top three in your averages, but after that I would think you have to go with your "next best" but wouldn't be 100% sure on that.

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

A bet it's more than 13,,,

but I do agree with you that he has too much time on his hands and, nothing better to do. Maybe it's because Newcastle have a bit of a quiet spell. It is nice tho, to be able to drop in our speedway friends team threads, just to see how their getting on like.

Yep.  And I will have even more time on my hands after the 27th Sept when I'm made redundant. :sad:

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Yep.  And I will have even more time on my hands after the 27th Sept when I'm made redundant. :sad:

Oh, sorry to hear that,,, that's if you don't want to be of course, there's plenty like that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, slyfox said:

Ben Duffill quoted in the Teesside Gazettte today. Broc Nichol in to replace Nathan Greaves for both play off meetings against Leicester (the Bates Family are being very generous loaning us their Sheffield asset) Plus 3 quality No 1's offered their services to replace MPT. Ben Thinks we are making a positive out of a negative following the horrific crash at Newcastle. Just need a reasonable 2 pointer to replace Tom Woolley to make the 7 up.

DON'T WRITE US OFF YET LEICESTER...... 

On 9/16/2019 at 8:00 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Yep see where your going with this and if Nathan isn't fit Broc Nichol will fit both home and away....

Regards 

THJ 

On 9/16/2019 at 10:37 PM, Lenny Lion said:

Broc Nicol fits to replace Nathan Greaves but they have to seek permission off the riders club & you seem to forget the Bates family own Sheffield & Leicester so will not allow their riders guest against their own clubs

Honestly

I wish I could predict the lottery numbers as easy

Regards
THJ

• Haha 1

On 9/16/2019 at 10:37 PM, Lenny Lion said:

Broc Nicol fits to replace Nathan Greaves but they have to seek permission off the riders club & you seem to forget the Bates family own Sheffield & Leicester so will not allow their riders guest against their own clubs

Really? It wouldn't be the first time a promoter has been surprised to find one of his riders has been injured guesting for someone else that he was unaware of. It is common courtesy to advise the riders promotion that they intend to ask a particular rider to guest for them but I'm not sure they actually need the clubs permission. Riders are self employed don't forget.

11 minutes ago, leander said:

Really? It wouldn't be the first time a promoter has been surprised to find one of his riders has been injured guesting for someone else that he was unaware of. It is common courtesy to advise the riders promotion that they intend to ask a particular rider to guest for them but I'm not sure they actually need the clubs permission. Riders are self employed don't forget.

Am sure some clubs will pay a retainer for some riders, which might impact on there availability to ride for other clubs.

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Am sure some clubs will pay a retainer for some riders, which might impact on there availability to ride for other clubs.

Retainer?

BSPA guidelines say a club wishing to employ the services of a ' guest ' must approach the club utilising that rider as their own for permission to approach said rider.

Thats not to say that some promoters do not follow guidelines.

Riders don't get ' retainers '. They may get advised not to ride for certain clubs ( and perhaps given an unpublicised incentive) or, as I have witnessed, told not to score highly for said club whilst guesting.

Yes, this goes on!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Retainer?

BSPA guidelines say a club wishing to employ the services of a ' guest ' must approach the club utilising that rider as their own for permission to approach said rider.

Riders don't get ' retainers '. They may get advised not to ride for certain clubs ( and perhaps given an unpublicised incentive) or, as I have witnessed, told not to score highly for said club whilst guesting.

Yes, this goes on!

do tell more , IF YOU CAN !  i know speedway is corrupt in many ways , but to tell a rider NOT to score a lot of points when he is guesting for another club is crazy . i do remember one rider @ a certain club lowering his average for the following season and when the following season came around. he could not get out of the habit and he is still doing it . speedway corrupt , NEVER !  :mad:

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Retainer?

Yes, this goes on!

Arr ok, maybe not 'retainers' then,,, maybe 'unpublicised incentives', that may have strings attached ;)

8 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

I wish I could predict the lottery numbers as easy

Regards
THJ

Pity Broc's average will be to high come 1st Oct to replace Nathan for the remaining Bears fixtures. Best option would be Nathan recovering for the October matches.

Edited by slyfox
  • Like 1

Yes good to see Jordan back on form. If we can say get Jake Allen (who also was one of the joint 2nd top scorers with Jordan last night in the pairs) in for MPT on Fri/Sat we should have a great line up to face Leicester. Especially with Broc Nichol in for Nathah Greaves. 

Edited by slyfox
  • Like 2

Nicol in for both legs for Greaves , Jake Allen in for the home leg and Josh Pickering for the away leg , Pickering scored 10+2 from 5 rides for Edinburgh at Leicester so could be a trump card for us 

On 9/17/2019 at 8:07 PM, pienpeesman said:

Are well that'll do for me

On 9/17/2019 at 7:13 PM, leander said:

Yes Ully will be in the top 5. Max will be back at reserve as he is only averaged 4.16 this month. TJ has averaged 6.36 this month as opposed to his GS average of 6.75 so I don't expect his average to drop to much. He has 24 matches in this season so none of last season's fixtures will be included in his rolling average. Lasse has been riding above average this month so should stay in top 5. Tero has a GS average 6.31 which includes 9 of last years fixtures. This month 4 matches for 7.6 so he will drop 4 of last years scores. However in the last few months  last season he was averaging over 8 for us so I don't expect his average to go up too much. I'll be surprised if he doesn't fit next month especially at home with the 5% bonus.

Unfortunately, can't see Tero guesting for TJ (if need be),,, in the final against Redcar.