British Speedway Forum

Just now, pienpeesman said:

Wallinger has invested heavily on new gear this season & Kyle Bickley is progressing in the correct way & as it's a friendly 4 TT I'm sure the track time ( extra ) will do them the world of good,,, good on Ben for the invitation

I hope it will too but that doesn't exactly make it a great line-up.

It would be great to see Josh embleton as the 4th diamond... But that's Ben's call !! As the lad really rides the track well 

2 minutes ago, foamfence said:

Agree but we need to be thankful we're still seeing speedway at the end of the day as it's getting harder & harder to run speedway every season up here in the north... I don't know what & when we could've got ready for the season up in toon if it wasn't for Danny & his dad as they have only been the only new faces to join the track team as there's only a hardcore of 7 of us #hardgraft

10 hours ago, foamfence said:

you could say that about most championship and premier teams in 19 .  use it or lose it ..

• Like 1

11 hours ago, foamfence said:

I agree it isn't a "great" line up in the sense of world class GP riders - In an ideal world we would want to see Tai Woffinden, Greg Hancock, Nikki Pederson, Freddie Lindgren, 2 or 3 top Polish riders, Jason Doyle, Emil Sayfutdinov, Hans Andersen etc etc. You could also argue that a "better" line up would include the likes of Robert Lambert, Danny King, Craig Cook, Jack Holder, Chris Harris etc etc.  However this is a testimonial meeting and most of those riders won't be available, or will be reluctant to ride for the basic pay on offer (You only have to look at line up for the Ben Fund - very similar to Ben's line up!!)

What Ben has done in assembling his line up goes very much in tune with his character, he has all his new team mates on board (except one who is unavailable) as he sees the value in giving them track time and it will help to build team spirit for the coming season. He has made the gesture of including Workington (a good commercial decision if it entices comets fans over) and giving the likes of Simon Lambert and Kyle Bickley the opportunity to get additional races under their belt and remind promoters they are available. I assume the invite to David Wallinger is a thank you for all the assistance he has given Ben whilst he has been with Redcar, again a typical gesture from BB.

So no it isn't a "great" line up in the true sense, but when you look into the reasoning and thought behind the line up it is a very, very good one and I hope many fans come along to support  all the riders 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 2/21/2019 at 9:27 PM, pienpeesman said:

Agree but we need to be thankful we're still seeing speedway at the end of the day as it's getting harder & harder to run speedway every season up here in the north... I don't know what & when we could've got ready for the season up in toon if it wasn't for Danny & his dad as they have only been the only new faces to join the track team as there's only a hardcore of 7 of us #hardgraft

the term in newcastle for signing for your dole

8 hours ago, homer said:

the term in newcastle for signing for your dole

So what's the term down the pollution capital of the country ??

On 2/22/2019 at 8:56 AM, northyorksbear said:

I agree it isn't a "great" line up in the sense of world class GP riders - In an ideal world we would want to see Tai Woffinden, Greg Hancock, Nikki Pederson, Freddie Lindgren, 2 or 3 top Polish riders, Jason Doyle, Emil Sayfutdinov, Hans Andersen etc etc. You could also argue that a "better" line up would include the likes of Robert Lambert, Danny King, Craig Cook, Jack Holder, Chris Harris etc etc.  However this is a testimonial meeting and most of those riders won't be available, or will be reluctant to ride for the basic pay on offer (You only have to look at line up for the Ben Fund - very similar to Ben's line up!!)

What Ben has done in assembling his line up goes very much in tune with his character, he has all his new team mates on board (except one who is unavailable) as he sees the value in giving them track time and it will help to build team spirit for the coming season. He has made the gesture of including Workington (a good commercial decision if it entices comets fans over) and giving the likes of Simon Lambert and Kyle Bickley the opportunity to get additional races under their belt and remind promoters they are available. I assume the invite to David Wallinger is a thank you for all the assistance he has given Ben whilst he has been with Redcar, again a typical gesture from BB.

So no it isn't a "great" line up in the true sense, but when you look into the reasoning and thought behind the line up it is a very, very good one and I hope many fans come along to support  all the riders 

Well said - totally agree

Best posting I've read in 2019 so far :t:

• Like 2

On 2/22/2019 at 8:56 AM, northyorksbear said:

as others have said, well done to ben on the line up and i hope for him that he gets the turnout he deserves.cant be there personally on the day but hope the weathers kind and that everything runs smoothly for him.a very very well deserved meeting for one of the great characters of the sport.good luck ben.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Bendonebunching said:

Coming up from Plymouth for this, can someone please confirm what time it starts. 

Nothing finalised as far as I know ,I would expect around 1 , I will look on the forums 

9 hours ago, Bendonebunching said:

Coming up from Plymouth for this, can someone please confirm what time it starts. 

It was stated as 3pm in Speedway Star this week

• Thanks 1

BSPA fixture list says 19.30 but Redcar website fixture list says 15.00 

Based on who is running the meeting and the ability of  the BSPA to get anything right I would say 15.00 is the right time!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

BSPA fixture list says 19.30 but Redcar website fixture list says 15.00 

Based on who is running the meeting and the ability of  the BSPA to get anything right I would say 15.00 is the right time!

It is 3pm