British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Big Al

BSPA Ltd.

18 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

I think the aim is to make the riders conform rather than exclude them

I appreciate that,  any idea to speed the meeting up gets a plus from me....       But if those 2min warnings are implemented, I would much rather the rider be handicapped than excluded.   

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

..... But if those 2min warnings are implemented, I would much rather the rider be handicapped than excluded.   

I think the rule should allow the team manager to either send out a reserve or have the excluded rider on a handicap. That seems to work well in the case of a tapes infringement. 

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

I appreciate that,  any idea to speed the meeting up gets a plus from me....       But if those 2min warnings are implemented, I would much rather the rider be handicapped than excluded.   

That’s fair enough

1 hour ago, Chris116 said:

I think the rule should allow the team manager to either send out a reserve or have the excluded rider on a handicap. That seems to work well in the case of a tapes infringement. 

And what if the excluded rider is still not ready after another 2 minutes?

2 minutes is there to ensure a race isn't indefinitely waiting for a rider who may have mechanical problems. 

35 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

And what if the excluded rider is still not ready after another 2 minutes?

2 minutes is there to ensure a race isn't indefinitely waiting for a rider who may have mechanical problems. 

I would make it that the first 2 minutes ends and the new 2 minutes starts immediately. If the replacement is not ready at the end of that two minutes then the race runs with three riders and the rider who is now by himself goes off the handicap. Team managers won't take a chance on making that mistake as it would be an almost certain 5-1 against them. Harsh but it will concentrate the minds of managers and riders very quickly. 

Haven't seen this company registered with Companies House yet. Was supposedly being incorporated from 1st December wasn't it ?

• Like 1

So the first things to notice are that most clubs are listed as subscribers in the Memorandum Of Association with the exception of Leicester, Sheffield and Eastbourne.

Kings Lynn, Peterborough and Ipswich aren't listed, but Keith Duncan Chapman is, so presumably he covers these three.

The company is registered as British Speedway Promoters Limited however in the interpretations of the Articles of Association, (1.1) it states the following ;

BSPA:  means the Company

Company: means British Speedway Promoters' Association Limited          

you will notice, that even in setting up a legal document, the attention to detail is worryingly lacking......

• Like 1

More confusion from the Articles of Association :

4 MEMBERS

4.1 Members (whether a company or individual(s)) shall all be a club and have a promoter.

Am I missing something here ? How can an individual be a club and have a promoter ?

8 COMPOSITION OF THE BOARD

8.2 The Board shall consist of not less than four (5) Directors, but shall not be more than five (5).

No wonder the Speedway Regulations (rules) are difficult to understand at times and open to various interpretations. As I said the attention to detail is worrying.

should have read

8.2 The Board shall consist of 4 or 5 members only.

SIMPLES!

10 hours ago, woofers said:

4.1 Members (whether a company or individual(s)) shall all be a club and have a promoter.

Am I missing something here ? How can an individual be a club and have a promoter?

I'd guess a speedway club could legally be run as a sole proprietorship.

The designated promoter does not necessarily have to be the owner of the club, so this is just defining that promoter is a compulsory role. 

The text could be better constructed, but it does make sense in a roundabout way. Of course, the lack of consistency over the board members is just sloppy.

20 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

I'd guess a speedway club could legally be run as a sole proprietorship.

The designated promoter does not necessarily have to be the owner of the club, so this is just defining that promoter is a compulsory role. 

The text could be better constructed, but it does make sense in a roundabout way. Of course, the lack of consistency over the board members is just sloppy.

Contenders for that could be John Perrin, Tim Stone, Colin Hill who might have used corporate names but were to my knowledge sole proprietors. Even a possibility of Dingle Brown a few years ago at Mildenhall.