British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Chairboy

Premiership Play-offs 2019

6 minutes ago, robins les said:

No it would be simple to pool all the semi-final & final income & divide on a % basis between the 3 teams. 4 in the p/offs from a 7 team league is nonsense.

:lol: You think the promoters would declare their takings :lol:

How would that be fair on a club that owns their own stadium to one that rents it.

Top 4 in the semi's or top 2 straight to the final is the only way

Good Idea robin les = No it would be simple to pool all the semi-final & final income & divide on a % basis between the 3 teams.

What about this ??? ...................................................( don,t laugh)

Top 3 to play-offs.

week 1   P/O match 1      1st place team  versus  3rd  place team

week 2   P/O match 2      2nd place team versus  3rd place team

week 3   P/O match 3      1st place team versus  2nd place team

Usual points awarded as in the league.

So the 1st placed team gets 2 home matches,2nd gets 1 home match and the 3rd place gets a chance to get some real glory !!!

3 weeks on BT, i think it would be good to watch with teams trying to get the extra point !

I AGREE 4 teams in the play offs is Naff,and also the play offs would be like the standard league match with T Subs (got to standardise Speedway rules)

the league does not use aggregate scores in the regular season.

Again don,t laugh !!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bluenose said:

Good Idea robin les = No it would be simple to pool all the semi-final & final income & divide on a % basis between the 3 teams.

What about this ??? ...................................................( don,t laugh)

Top 3 to play-offs.

week 1   P/O match 1      1st place team  versus  3rd  place team

week 2   P/O match 2      2nd place team versus  3rd place team

week 3   P/O match 3      1st place team versus  2nd place team

Usual points awarded as in the league.

So the 1st placed team gets 2 home matches,2nd gets 1 home match and the 3rd place gets a chance to get some real glory !!!

3 weeks on BT, i think it would be good to watch with teams trying to get the extra point !

I AGREE 4 teams in the play offs is Naff,and also the play offs would be like the standard league match with T Subs (got to standardise Speedway rules)

the league does not use aggregate scores in the regular season.

Again don,t laugh !!

I actually quite like that. I would have it as total points scored in the 3 meetings qualify for the final.

Really do like that, the team that finishes top doesn't lose out on revenue and can still run the risk of not making the Grand Final.

:t: from me

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:48 PM, Daniel Smith said:

:lol: You think the promoters would declare their takings :lol:

How would that be fair on a club that owns their own stadium to one that rents it.

Top 4 in the semi's or top 2 straight to the final is the only way

They may have to now as BSPA has become a ltd co & accounts have to be declared. BSPA are in charge of the p/offs.

Maybe the fairest way is top four into a play off league where each team rides each other home and away where it's 2 points for a win, one for a draw and 0 for a loss. At the start of these matches, top starts with 3 points, second with 2 points and third one point giving a reward to those that have done better up til these meetings. 

On 11/16/2018 at 11:08 AM, Daniel Smith said:

Would this work?

Top 2 straight to the final. The points difference over the 2 home and away league meetings between the 2 sides is carried over to the Ultimate Final at a neutral venue. The cap for the points difference is 15 points.

Would it add and would the 2 clubs supporters turn up.

Do we want easy rules to understand or stuff like this.

I know... Have a play off match every week home then away with all meagre 7 clubs and the team that finishes with the most points by October are the champions. Simples.......

As much as I think that whoever finishes top should be crowned champions, the truth is, leave it as it is as it makes good money for the teams competing. 

On 11/16/2018 at 10:53 AM, marko said:

Not much of a pay day if the team who finishes top gets knocked out in the semi final stage

Which has been the same argument ever since the Play Offs started 20 years ago.