British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Championship and Poland

With what steady was saying on Thursday about promises been broken and payments not been made then any rider signing for polish clubs deserve what they get.If they not going to pay Greg Hancock then the lesser riders have no chance and the contract that nick I pedersen has is ridiculous .Theres no way he will get paid the amount promised. Promotors would stay clear of riders entering the polish league if they could only use nl riders only.Steadys comments were backed up by Kyle howarths dad so it's about time the English lads realised were their loyalties lie.

• Like 1

Just now, Charlieboy said:

With what steady was saying on Thursday about promises been broken and payments not been made then any rider signing for polish clubs deserve what they get.If they not going to pay Greg Hancock then the lesser riders have no chance and the contract that nick I pedersen has is ridiculous .Theres no way he will get paid the amount promised. Promotors would stay clear of riders entering the polish league if they could only use nl riders only.Steadys comments were backed up by Kyle howarths dad so it's about time the English lads realised were their loyalties lie.

he also said its all about hoping to get paid, and that most get paid something eventually.

I think they all know the risks now and they might just go there in hope they get paid on time or at all because if they do get paid it is a lot of money.

the talk about Hancock was that the amount he was owed was in 100s of thousands

12 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

he also said its all about hoping to get paid, and that most get paid something eventually.

I think they all know the risks now and they might just go there in hope they get paid on time or at all because if they do get paid it is a lot of money.

the talk about Hancock was that the amount he was owed was in 100s of thousands

They usually do get paid as clubs do not get a license to operate for the upcoming season if they still have debts (including rider payments). It's usually about January or February though (after the clubs tend to receive their sponsorship payments for the coming season).

Well apparently Morris is owed £28000 and Hancock I think was said to be £300 000  it's a joke. Surely common sense says ride in England for two clubs and get paid  I have no sympathy for any rider riding for a promise in this day and age when they know the likelihood of getting no money.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Charlieboy said:

Well apparently Morris is owed £28000 and Hancock I think was said to be £300 000  it's a joke. Surely common sense says ride in England for two clubs and get paid  I have no sympathy for any rider riding for a promise in this day and age when they know the likelihood of getting no money.

Of course there have never been any complaints about riders not getting paid in the UK?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

38 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Of course there have never been any complaints about riders not getting paid in the UK?

and yet with all these figures blowing around , the riders STILL cant make any money at the sport ........ oink oink ........

9 hours ago, arnieg said:

No complaints at Sheffield it must be down to good business sense unlike other clubs .If you can't afford it don't offer it that's just logic .

9 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

No complaints at Sheffield it must be down to good business sense unlike other clubs .If you can't afford it don't offer it that's just logic .

Theres has been complaints previously at Sheffield 

15 hours ago, The Third Man said:

Would be good if the only facility for a rider missing a meeting in England was a NL guest as well

What facility would you suggest for riders missing Friday-night matches at Glasgow or Edinburgh? 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, The Third Man said:

The Sheffield promotion stated on Thursday that will not sign any rider who has a contract to ride in Poland, so none of them will be riding for us

Would be good if the only facility for a rider missing a meeting in England was a NL guest as well

Probably because as the home side they likely wouldn’t get a facility if one or more of their team was riding abroad, they will also now find  out that they could struggle to get teams to commit to their home fixtures, especially re arranged ones.

As for the UK if riders cannot commit to doubling up in this country then let them just ride in the Premiership.

53 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

What facility would you suggest for riders missing Friday-night matches at Glasgow or Edinburgh? 

Same as other Clubs if rules are brought in.!

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

Why are they missing?

22 hours ago, racers and royals said:

It’s 80% Sundays 10% Fridays and 10% Saturdays

Not next year it ain't. All four extraleague fixtures are televised live every weekend. Two on Fridays, and two on Sundays. So that's 50/50 fridays and sundays. Also two first division matches are televised every weekend. Probably on a saturday, as I can't see there being four matches live on TV on a sunday. Possible consequences for every championship club. 

16 hours ago, arnieg said:

Yes but it is the first thing they sort out at the conference, and team captains can report non payment to the referee at every match. 

• Haha 1

Just now, leander said:

Not next year it ain't. All four extraleague fixtures are televised live every weekend. Two on Fridays, and two on Sundays. So that's 50/50 fridays and sundays. Also two first division matches are televised every weekend. Probably on a saturday, as I can't see there being four matches live on TV on a sunday. Possible consequences for every championship club. 

I Wasn’t talking about the Extraleague !!! Only one rider Ellis on that list of over 30 riders is riding Extraleague and possibly championship. There have been regularly 2 Nice Polska Tv matches on Sundays as well as the occasional Friday/ Saturday Nice Polska Tv matches hence the various % differences.