British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProudtobeaBrummie

Do people that say NL racing is the best really mean it ?

As the title says 80% of the time i could fill the my programme in before the race starts and after the 2nd bend there wasnt a pass in 90% of races with races hugely strung out with best part of a lap between 1st and 4th at the finish 

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

6 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

As the title says 80% of the time i could fill the my programme in before the race starts and after the 2nd bend there wasnt a pass in 90% of races with races hugely strung out with best part of a lap between 1st and 4th at the finish 

Yes, they do. They are usually biased, though.

In my experience, its better than you have stated but I can say that in a straight comparison between Premiership and NL racing at the NSS the former is far superior (although the NL racing is definitely better than Premiership or Championship at other tracks). 

I think Proudtobeabrum is painting a picture I do not recognise.  I watch NL at Eastbourne and Kent.  Of course, as in all meetings at every level there

are always a few races that are predictable, but they are in the minority at those two tracks and quite often the racing is sensational.  Sorry if

Birmingham is not the same.

Racing can be good at any level when the majority of the riders are evenly matched...........

• Like 3

NL racing at the NSS is very good (but then again most matches there are)..

However, it only costs £10 for me and my 15 yr old son for us both so is fantastic value for money.

Just a shame it isn't advertised better (or should that be 'at all') as the crowds they get (whilst good for NL), don't do justice to the entertainment value on offer or the admission cost...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, waco said:

Racing can be good at any level when the majority of the riders are evenly matched...........

Thats my point exactly 

• Like 1

On 18 November 2018 at 12:24 PM, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Thats my point exactly 

Thats why doubling down is bad. You can't have good racing with, for example, GP riders winning by half a lap in the Championship.

• Like 1

Well after watching The Brummies since 1978 I sat last season out and tbh i'm glad I did......won't be coming back unless we go up....half the time you never know who will be riding....was interesting for a while watching youngsters improve etc but eventually it wears thin when you've been used to higher standards and I just got fed up with it 

• Like 5

Good racing depends upon a good track which is well prepared with sufficient racers between the two teams.

it has absolutely nothing to do with which league it is.

I get tired of supporters who say I only watch the top league where the best riders are.

Having watched Speedway for over 50 years, I now firstly select the track and then the opposition....admittedly it means I no longer go to some tracks as they have shown themselves to be poor quality on the entertainment stakes.

• Like 1

The racing at Kent has improved year on year, when you get four confident riders going at it, the action can be breathtaking. Obviously you get the odd boring meeting, but that's usually on an excessively hot day when the track is slicker.

7 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

The racing at Kent has improved year on year, when you get four confident riders going at it, the action can be breathtaking. Obviously you get the odd boring meeting, but that's usually on an excessively hot day when the track is slicker.

Yes Kent’s a great track apart from the negitive camber between bends 3-4 seen a lot of riders come off there a little bit more dirt it would be amazing 

Rather then drastic changes, Len has slowly built up the camber. He has hinted at major track work over the winter so will be interesting to see what he does. Although he is pretty busy till the ski season finishes.

• Like 1

Have to agree with Teaboy. I probably visit Central Park about 6 times a year. Always enjoy the racing from a nice comfortable

seat which, for me, is very important. My days of standing up all night on a narrow terrace, or a grass bank are certainly over.

This season just ended was the best racing so far IMO with any capable rider able to go flat out for four laps. Even GP riders

can't do better than that !   I have visited other tracks too and for the most part the racing has been of high quality, so I'm not

knocking the National League.

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:38 PM, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

All promoters seem to be on the same page and very robust that the racing today in all leagues is the best its ever been. I'm with you, that is not the sport I'm watching and coinciding with crowds being at there lowest ebb many others think the same way but are less bullish and simply and quietly withdraw their labour.