British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProudtobeaBrummie

Do people that say NL racing is the best really mean it ?

On 11/17/2018 at 2:38 PM, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

As the title says 80% of the time i could fill the my programme in before the race starts and after the 2nd bend there wasnt a pass in 90% of races with races hugely strung out with best part of a lap between 1st and 4th at the finish 

I’ll come to a NL meeting with you next year, before the race you predict it and we’ll see what percentage you get right. If it’s 80% I’ll give you the money for your entry fee, if it’s less you give me my entry fee. Deal?

dont need to go to the meeting together just pick a meeting and i will predict it before with the points limit for 2019 make it 90% only engine failure will keep it so low

15 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

dont need to go to the meeting together just pick a meeting and i will predict it before with the points limit for 2019 make it 90% only engine failure will keep it so low

Oh no, I want to see your face when you hand the money over. Or are you having second thoughts about your original point? 

11 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

Oh no, I want to see your face when you hand the money over. Or are you having second thoughts about your original point? 

bit weird if you ask me and i have made the % higher odd thing too do if i am having second thoughts.. Btw just to let you know i am not that way inclined just in case you have the wrong idea..

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

2 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

bit weird if you ask me and i have made the % higher odd thing too do if i am having second thoughts.. Btw just to let you know i am not that way inclined just in case you have the wrong idea..

Nothing weird about a bet. What way inclined? 

Watching both the Aces and the Colts at the NSS I have seen brilliant racing in meetings involving them both. However, the overall quality of racing is undoubtedly better in the PL meetings. Generally, there are more good races involving more passing and closer racing, which is what I would expect because of the higher skill levels of the riders.

However,  having said that, the entertainment served up in the NL meetings is good and arguably better value for money at half the price of the PL meetings.

• Like 2

On 12/7/2018 at 7:34 PM, Aces51 said:

Watching both the Aces and the Colts at the NSS I have seen brilliant racing in meetings involving them both. However, the overall quality of racing is undoubtedly better in the PL meetings. Generally, there are more good races involving more passing and closer racing, which is what I would expect because of the higher skill levels of the riders.

However,  having said that, the entertainment served up in the NL meetings is good and arguably better value for money at half the price of the PL meetings.

Good post, IMHO. I’m presuming the bonus for you and your fellow Belle Vue supporters when watching the Colts is the prospect of some of them coming through to the senior side.

5 hours ago, Fourentee said:

Good post, IMHO. I’m presuming the bonus for you and your fellow Belle Vue supporters when watching the Colts is the prospect of some of them coming through to the senior side.

That's part of it but it is the enjoyment of watching any inexperienced rider progress,  whether a Colt or not. Watching Dan Bewley's development since his first competitive meeting has given me more pleasure than any Aces win or recent achievement and one of my best memories of last season was watching Drew Kemp showing the progress he had made since 2017. Other riders are progressing at a more steady rate but that can be just as interesting to watch.  It's also enjoyable just to see the enthusiasm of riders at that level. The way they just want to  get out and race, even when conditions are such that riders in the higher leagues would be showing their reluctance to get on with the meeting. 

To me the PL offers more in terms of skill and ability and overall I get more from watching the sport at that level but the NL is also a must for me for the  reasons I have given. 

• Like 1