British Speedway Forum
Trees

National Supporters Club Group

4 hours ago, Trees said:

In your opinion Daniel, but you're always gonna take a negative stance, we'll see... 

There you go Tree's, your 1st question that means far more to most.

Why are all and sundry being blocked from social media, that being Twitter and Facebook?

And for those that have been blocked on social media:- 

Once you get blocked from an account please remember to unfollow. Their statistics that the BSPA were shouting about include blocked members. Not a very accurate report, gives the wrong impression. 

9 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Am I correct in understanding that it is to be one nominated fan from each club's official fan/supporters club?!

This seems to be the case although a large number of Speedway fans I know are not attached to any particular club (often because a club they once followed has long since folded) but they regularly attend a number of different tracks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You could pay a student for a week to trawl through the various social media sites such as this, where they could not only document the various ideas but also rate their popularity. 

This is just PR. They have no interest in what we, collectively the largest investors in the sport, have to say. 

47 minutes ago, ouch said:

You could pay a student for a week to trawl through the various social media sites such as this, where they could not only document the various ideas but also rate their popularity. 

This is just PR. They have no interest in what we, collectively the largest investors in the sport, have to say. 

We need to wait and see.   Our Supporters Club motto is for the fans by the fans, we do what we do to improve our fans' race day experience and hopefully this year, the close season, it's important to us to have input into the club, some things can't be done, the majority can as far as the fans go.  Obviously we can't have input in some aspects but we can certainly put our and our fans' opinions forward.  

On 11/18/2018 at 11:31 AM, Skidder1 said:

Am I correct in understanding that it is to be one nominated fan from each club's official fan/supporters club?!

Wonder what the critera will be. Lots of self important candatades i suspect. Plenty of them around the swindon area.

18 hours ago, WembleyLion said:

This seems to be the case although a large number of Speedway fans I know are not attached to any particular club (often because a club they once followed has long since folded) but they regularly attend a number of different tracks.

A very good point indeed.

After all, fans of defunct clubs are the fastest growing set of speedway supporters there is. 

I couldn't agree more Jason.  Looking at the decisions made over a number of years it's quite understandable why speedway is in a dire situation. I would say a radical overhaul of the sport is the only answer. Long term I would say the riders will have to become amateur or semi professional as the financial rewards for the sport are just not there.

• Like 1

Could this club find out what was talked about & how the voting went at the AGM as there must have been minutes taken & documented. Is this asking too much with the AGM being "A Private Club"?

On 11/30/2018 at 3:16 PM, IronScorpion said:

Could this club find out what was talked about & how the voting went at the AGM as there must have been minutes taken & documented. Is this asking too much with the AGM being "A Private Club"?

Private Club or now a Limited Company, whatever we still wont get to know the ins and outs..

• Thanks 1

On 1/9/2019 at 12:18 AM, teaboy279 said:

First meeting is 26th January, venue TBC.

3 days to go, and there is a deafening silence..

Although nothing official it has been sugg3sted the first meeting will be towards the end of February now as some clubs have been slow to organise their representative.

Bit of a kick in the nuts as I had taken Friday night off work (work nights) to enable me to attend Saturday.

3 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Although nothing official it has been sugg3sted the first meeting will be towards the end of February now as some clubs have been slow to organise their representative.

Bit of a kick in the nuts as I had taken Friday night off work (work nights) to enable me to attend Saturday.

Is that February this year?

:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

I would imagine some of the clubs representatives will be self appointed , that being the case if those peoples ideas and plans are questioned or not wlecomed with open arms  ,there will be throwing of toys out of prams ,and more than a little vitriol spat at whoever  dare to challenge their superiority , upshot is ,what should be a positive thing will be be destroyed by egos

Be interesting to know who will represent Wolves as there is no supporters club and hasn't been for a few years, shame as when we had one it was good