British Speedway Forum
Trees

National Supporters Club Group

All seems to have gone rather quiet on this. I was first told 26th so I booked the night off before work. I then had a communication saying it would be end of February to allow other clubs to select their representative. But since then I have heard absolutely nothing.

1 hour ago, teaboy279 said:

All seems to have gone rather quiet on this. I was first told 26th so I booked the night off before work. I then had a communication saying it would be end of February to allow other clubs to select their representative. But since then I have heard absolutely nothing.

Maybe it has already demonstrated what the promoters expected it to demonstrate?   That the fans are worse at organising a booze-up in a brewery than the promoters ever could be?

• Like 1

I had been keeping my eye on this thread waiting for someone else rather than me to point out that its all gone rather quiet, My own Team Cradley have still not mentioned this Group on the CH website, and when you consider that one of our Promoters is none other than a Nigel Pearson whose job is in the media, and the other is CVS who has long been part of the top brass at the BSPa, it just about sums up the state of British Speedway, Piss up and Brewery come to mind. 

This will be another case of blowing smoke up peoples ar*es because this group wont even get of the ground if its left to the BSPA to organise it.. it begs the question why do they even bother..

28 minutes ago, greyhoundp said:

This will be another case of blowing smoke up peoples ar*es because this group wont even get of the ground if its left to the BSPA to organise it.

But before the BSPA can organise to meet with the National Supporters Group, surely the fans have got to tell them who is in the group?

Clearly Teaboy279 has been nominated by the Kent fans to represent them.

I remember reading that the Belle Vue supporters club had nominated a representative (though I don't know a name), and I'm sure  there was one other supporters club where I read they had put forward a representative.  But that's about all.

I'd have thought every supporters club in the country would be chomping at the bit to elect someone into the national group, but it seems very few have done it.  

Teaboy279 said there was a meeting planned, and he booked time off work to attend, but it had to be cancelled as the supporters at most clubs hadn't even bothered to nominate a representative

Perhaps we can compile a list on here of the clubs and the name of their elected spokesperson?

My opinion on this is, run the meeting with the clubs that have nominated people.

If it works the way the idea was designed too, I imagine the other clubs would quickly bring people to the table to join it.

If it falls on death ears then a few of us Hardcore fans will have had a expensive day trip to some meeting room in the Midlands, but no one will have died. And no damage done. After all the sort of person who will attend these meetings, is also the sort of person to drive up the m6 to watch a meeting at stoke with questionable forecasts. Ie wasted journeys are part and parcel of speedway anyway.

• Like 2

Fairplay to you Teaboy for your willingness and dedication to be involved

Does every team have a 'supporters club'?

I think it was only last year that the Aces put one together after many years of nothing...

Maybe that is the issue? ie No 'supporters club' exists so no one is being nominated? 

We havent been asked to nominate anyone at CH thats my whole point, even though we are sponsoring the Team in a small way this season, its not even been mentioned to us by the promotion, surely its not up to the supporters to find out the details about this ?, this is a BSPA initiative :D.

• Like 1