British Speedway Forum

Speedway Star in the winter

In the past I have found the winter editions of SS to be lacking in really interesting articles and a bit of a tedious repetitive read.

This year it has been a great read and I actually look forward to receiving the SS.

People are right regarding some of the written work that can be a little confusing. I was reading something I thought Gundersen had said, which I thought contradictory,  but then I realised Nielsen had said it.

I also agree that in the past writers have often used twenty words where half a dozen would have done, presumably to fill out the magazine.

1 minute ago, Mr. Clemens said:

In the past I have found the winter editions of SS to be lacking in really interesting articles and a bit of a tedious repetitive read.

This year it has been a great read and I actually look forward to receiving the SS.

People are right regarding some of the written work that can be a little confusing. I was reading something I thought Gundersen had said, which I thought contradictory,  but then I realised Nielsen had said it.

I also agree that in the past writers have often used twenty words where half a dozen would have done, presumably to fill out the magazine.

1st chapter dont agree, 2nd I do.

3rd is up to you.

4th to some extent I agree. It can be done and I`ve done it. That Mcmillan insert recently was a prime example of this. Basically his message was three sentences and it was made to a thurd of a page. 

But also, you need to see it as a way of keeping it looking up to standard. Using bigger or bolded fonts to fill up space is for students and their papers. Not for Spar or equivalents.

16 hours ago, Mr. Clemens said:

Could be the writers are paid by the word, which is not uncommon.

3 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Could be the writers are paid by the word, which is not uncommon.

They are not and never have been

• Like 1

Early days yet Phil but how are Speedway Star sales doing in light of recent track closures, I have still kept my subscription going despite Workington closing .

31 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Early days yet Phil but how are Speedway Star sales doing in light of recent track closures, I have still kept my subscription going despite Workington closing .

THANKS for your continued support. It is no secret that sales have plummeted over the past 12 months with speedway attendances in rapid decline let alone closures.

That would be sad news for all and bad news all round for Speedway if the SS was to cease publishing.

38 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IT won't ...

That is good news....NO SS would mean NO speedway....best wishes to all at SS.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

That is good news....NO SS would mean NO speedway....best wishes to all at SS.

THANKS ... it's a battle but one we are determined to survive and confident we will

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, BomberHammer said:

Any one else having problems downloading today's speedway star ?

Thanks

Me too. I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled but still no luck 

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Me too. I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled but still no luck 

THERE was a technical hitch at the company which handles our digital version but it has now been fixed. Our apologies.

19 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THERE was a technical hitch at the company which handles our digital version but it has now been fixed. Our apologies.

All sorted and worth the wait. Many thanks Philip for your prompt response