British Speedway Forum

Speedway Star in the winter

On 1/29/2019 at 6:23 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

IT won't ...

Hi Phil is there any issue with this weeks copy, I have not received mine yet?

20 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Hi Phil is there any issue with this weeks copy, I have not received mine yet?

NO ... presume you have a sub? They left Surbiton as usual at 10am on Wednesday. Digital version was a day late. Call Dave on 020-83351113 on. Monday and he will send a copy. Sorry about that but out of our control. 

9 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

NO ... presume you have a sub? They left Surbiton as usual at 10am on Wednesday. Digital version was a day late. Call Dave on 020-83351113 on. Monday and he will send a copy. Sorry about that but out of our control. 

Thanks will call Monday if it has not arrived.

Is there to be a bumper pre-season preview issue later this month does anyone know?.

28 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

YES, early April. 

Many thanks... I shall pre-order when details appear on speedway Star web site.

1 hour ago, customhouseregular said:

Many thanks... I shall pre-order when details appear on speedway Star web site.

SHOULD be up there soon ...

3 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

SHOULD be up there soon ...

APRIL 6th edition ... £4.63 including postage if you cannot get one from a supermarket or newsagent.

As subscriber to Speedway star I would like to enter the competitions in the magazine, to do so I have to send an email to Speedway Star to activate my membership. I did that last Sunday, yet I am still to here anything back, is my membership already activated or do I need a reply before I enter any of the competitions in the magazine.

41 minutes ago, screm said:

As subscriber to Speedway star I would like to enter the competitions in the magazine, to do so I have to send an email to Speedway Star to activate my membership. I did that last Sunday, yet I am still to here anything back, is my membership already activated or do I need a reply before I enter any of the competitions in the magazine.

I did wonder that too.

1 hour ago, screm said:

42 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

I did wonder that too.

Me too. Finally got round to activating membership last weekend - not received any confirmation. So just entered the competition. 

30 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

Me too. Finally got round to activating membership last weekend - not received any confirmation. So just entered the competition. 

Will your entry be valid, hopefully for you it is. For example I will be attending the Cardiff SGP this year so it would be ideal to have a chance of winning this weeks prize through Speedway Star of 2 tickets to Cardiff, but without any activation of my membership its hardly worthwhile.

I understood I was to be automatically entered into all competitions?

I have entered one comp via e mail in the past , not sure how it works?

36 minutes ago, screm said:

Will your entry be valid, hopefully for you it is. For example I will be attending the Cardiff SGP this year so it would be ideal to have a chance of winning this weeks prize through Speedway Star of 2 tickets to Cardiff, but without any activation of my membership its hardly worthwhile.

No idea. Just thought I’d give it a go, nothing to lose. Guessing from these consistent recent posts it appears there is no confirmation. Maybe Phil can advise?

It does prove, a decent prize raises interest. Fingers crossed (emoji not allowed, what’s that all about?).