British Speedway Forum

Speedway Star in the winter

15 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

No idea. Just thought I’d give it a go, nothing to lose. Guessing from these consistent recent posts it appears there is no confirmation. Maybe Phil can advise?

It does prove, a decent prize raises interest. Fingers crossed (emoji not allowed, what’s that all about?).

I can beat on that at least as I`m full of emoji`s, :approve::o:D:(:blink::rolleyes::nono:;)

If only I had an subscription club membership activation

2 hours ago, topaz325 said:

I understood I was to be automatically entered into all competitions?

I have entered one comp via e mail in the past , not sure how it works?

YOU don't have to enter once you have joined. Winners are drawn monthly.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

YOU don't have to enter once you have joined. Winners are drawn monthly.

Then why the competition question? 

Just finished reading the Speedway Star of last week. Eddie Kennett has a good PR!

I'm not complaining, great stuff from an Eastbourne perspective.

Phil Chard has worked very hard on his British championship series. He has brought some really good insights through the eyes of the riders. 

He has all the stats and the riders' stories too. Well done, Phil Chard. Good piece of work.

Still waiting to get my Subscription Membership activated, I emailed Speedway Star this morning for some kind of clarification, still waiting there to. 

16 hours ago, screm said:

Still waiting to get my Subscription Membership activated, I emailed Speedway Star this morning for some kind of clarification, still waiting there to. 

THE SS staff in Surbiton have been temporarily decimated by a virus ... only one person out of seven has been unaffected and able to attend the office. Others are working from home if able. Sorry about the delay. They will catch up asap.

It really is to the absolute credit of the guys at Speedway Star that we have such a quality weekly magazine for our sport. I always enjoy the Winter Speedway Star better than the Summer one !. But I would admit that this winters Star has not quite caught my enthusiasm as much as in previous seasons. I don't know whether its the layout ?; or the gradual shift toward the longer feature writing ?.The articles I love are those on the history of the sport; its teams and riders. I still make every effort to get my copy and usually pick up two from the local Slainsburys one for my brother. Looking forward to seeing how the Star develops in the new season Preview Edition is always quality.

Edited by the outsider

20 hours ago, screm said:

Do I need confirmation?

I sent activation  e Mail months ago?

Thought all was well do I need confirmation :blink:

Edited by topaz325

5 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THE SS staff in Surbiton have been temporarily decimated by a virus ... only one person out of seven has been unaffected and able to attend the office. Others are working from home if able. Sorry about the delay. They will catch up asap.

Thanks for that, this morning I had a reply from Speedway Star activating my membership so alls well that ends well.

1 hour ago, topaz325 said:

Do I need confirmation?

I am sure you have but you have used the right email address, maybe a second email is needed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Do I need confirmation?

49 minutes ago, screm said:

I am sure you have but you have used the right email address, maybe a second email is needed.

Same here

7 minutes ago, Tracy Bird said:

Same here

Philip Rising has addressed the issue, it seems that the computers at Speedway Star have been hit by a virus, I had my email this morning confirming my membership so hopefully things are getting back to normal in the Star`s office. That`s why i would advise a second email about your membership activation. 

When is the pre-season bumper edition out?  Now my one Speedway Star purchase of the year