British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

Some laps around Kings' Lynn, with speed and g force telemetry

Just thought it might be of interest to some of you.

Notice the G force as the rider turns the bike. Makes you realise how hard it must be to hold on.

Just click the link :t:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSeOfPkARsn

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm interested.  Saw this before, wanted to show it to non-speedway peeps, but was either taken down or I couldn't find it.  Thanx....

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 7:47 PM, martinmauger said:

I'm interested.  Saw this before, wanted to show it to non-speedway peeps, but was either taken down or I couldn't find it.  Thanx....

I had a job to find it Martin. I reckon that 68 on a slick track ( compared to race night) would turn into 70 + or so on a race prepared track. 

Hope they were impressed. :t:

In the voice of a paraphrased Yoda: "they will be, heh heh, they willl be".   Fascinating, though maybe this is what is intended the idea with all bikes to carry telemetry, material for discussion with Kelv & Nige on the box.  He loses a lot of MPHs locking up on the bends, if he let it run a little he'd carry more speed over the lap, but you never know with speedway riders, sometimes they 'just' ride round, really go for it or just enjoy themselves and have fun ....