British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hunters

EASTBOURNE 2019

Beginning to warm to the idea of Championship,

If the talk of Cook  rejoining us is true then Lawson, Ellis, BWD, Kennett, Wood, Brennan  and Edwards fits.

That would be an entertaining side to watch and should hold their own with loads of improvement potential.

As BWD would no doubt stay with the Dugard family again inward travel costs would be minimal (Ellis?)

Is it just wishfull  thinking ?

If I recall the Dugard’s and bwd didn’t end in good terms after his sale to Somerset 

I would expect Kennett, Wood & Brennan all to be involved, might be a year too early for Edwards but would make a handy number 8. As for the rest who knows? Morley, Ellis, Steve Worrall, Lewi Kerr? Any of those would form a formidable home side and would likely fit the historic Eastbourne mould of being a bit pants away.

15 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

If I recall the Dugard’s and bwd didn’t end in good terms after his sale to Somerset 

i wasn't there , but was told bwd was at a meeting some time the following season picking the 50/50 ticket so doubt there's any bad feeling now.

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I would expect Kennett, Wood & Brennan all to be involved, might be a year too early for Edwards but would make a handy number 8. As for the rest who knows? Morley, Ellis, Steve Worrall, Lewi Kerr? Any of those would form a formidable home side and would likely fit the historic Eastbourne mould of being a bit pants away.

Pants away in the old Elite league, hopefully we can carry on with the away form we've had this year in the NL, unlikely though with tougher opposition.

2 hours ago, gazzac said:

Pants away in the old Elite league, hopefully we can carry on with the away form we've had this year in the NL, unlikely though with tougher opposition.

To be honest win 99% of your home matches and pick up a few away points and Eastbourne will make the play offs whatever league. Then its a lottery as everyone knows plus being one of the few smaller tracks in the Championship will be an advantage.

On 11/21/2018 at 4:13 PM, Hunters said:

Beginning to warm to the idea of Championship,

If the talk of Cook  rejoining us is true then Lawson, Ellis, BWD, Kennett, Wood, Brennan  and Edwards fits.

That would be an entertaining side to watch and should hold their own with loads of improvement potential.

As BWD would no doubt stay with the Dugard family again inward travel costs would be minimal (Ellis?)

Is it just wishfull  thinking ?

Ellis is riding in Poland.

2 hours ago, Mike.Butler said:

big article on Eastbourne 2019 and Jon Cook in today's star...but still no official announcement....

Not seen what the Speedway Star says. However, no announcement can only mean nothing is settled.

Probable hold up reading the Speedway Star article  is whether Cook has a promoters licence.  So whether its M Dugard and T Geer or AN Other promoting a Championship side is thei probable issue.  Cook madea pretty good pitch for the job in the Sater this week and its a good read throughout with lots of interesting articles around the promotoers Xmas bash ( AGM )

Cooks promotoers licence allegedly hangs on Lakeside's ability to clear debts primarliy caused, I have to say IMO by Mr Rob Godfrey and the cancellation of Friday fixtures. (Restraint of trade claim surely could be brought against he BSPA? )

So it is definitely Championship and they have already signed some riders.   Interesting Announcement on Eagles website today.

What are the odds on Jon Cook running an Eastbourne team in the Championship, and the Dugards running a Young Eagles team in the National League?   hmmmmm....rumours...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

What are the odds on Jon Cook running an Eastbourne team in the Championship, and the Dugards running a Young Eagles team in the National League?   hmmmmm....rumours...

Eastbourne are not a promotion that likes to run too many meetings. I'd be amazed if they ran two teams.