British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hunters

EASTBOURNE 2019

Whilst Eastbourne are a team that seems to possess the worst kept secrets in speedway it looks like positive noises are starting to emerge. Jon Cook plus the step up to Championship, Wood & Brennan likely to be at reserve all good but the best news is announcements of a 3-5 year plan at Arlington Stadium....with the uncertainty hanging over the club those kind of timescales must be considered a huge boost.

I'm really looking forward to Eastbourne making the step up, but I will miss the NL which on the whole has been really great over the last 4 seasons. One other thing just through the  nature of supporting a club, most of the posts ( mine anyway) tend to be in the section the club rides in. Think the general tone on this section is so much better than the leagues above, and although I don't 'know' the posters on here you always feel you do. Obviously the Eastie posters and some from here post on both,whether it'll be quite so friendly remains to be seen.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, gazzac said:

I'm really looking forward to Eastbourne making the step up, but I will miss the NL which on the whole has been really great over the last 4 seasons. One other thing just through the  nature of supporting a club, most of the posts ( mine anyway) tend to be in the section the club rides in. Think the general tone on this section is so much better than the leagues above, and although I don't 'know' the posters on here you always feel you do. Obviously the Eastie posters and some from here post on both,whether it'll be quite so friendly remains to be seen.

Have to admit that posters good , bad & indifferent from the Eastbourne supports group are largely fair, funny and entertaining. Losing that and the inter club banter will be quite a loss for the forum and teams involved. The rivalries between Kent, Brum, Mildenhall & Eastbourne are now likely to fade away as the Eagles try and strike up new challenges but with Leicester or Somerset the closest team geographically it feels like that could be hard to achieve? 

• Like 1

The geographics of moving up are the only minus as far as I'm concerned. No local derbies are going to be a killer.

8 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

The geographics of moving up are the only minus as far as I'm concerned. No local derbies are going to be a killer.

Agree,thats why it seems stupid that Kent and Eagles are in different Leagues.

Kent will be in same situation in NL????

10 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

Agree,thats why it seems stupid that Kent and Eagles are in different Leagues.

Kent will be in same situation in NL????

Only plus side for Kent is at least they know they won't be going into 2019 to lose yet another semi final to Eastie in all competitions!!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, gazzac said:

Absolutely right,  I gave up on the forum in our Elite League days. There was a group of  people whose main pleasure seemed to be insulting Bob Dugard and everything Eastbourne.

The change of forum participants is probably one of the reasons I have enjoyed the last four years so much.  I shall continue following the NL and hope Kent and the IOW do well.  I do believe Jason Edwards and Charlie Brookes will be loaned to one of them and Georgie and Tom may well double up, so there could be a common interest.   

• Like 2

Kennett

Lawson

Kerr

Brennen

Wood

Fit around them and you have a good team

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Kennett

Lawson

Kerr

Brennen

Wood

Fit around them and you have a good team

please god no , my misses would make me drive to arlington every week as she absolutely loves lewy.  

Edited by gee jay

Sorry to be either a pain or pedantic, but perhaps we could just use the one thread in the Championship section for Eastbourne 2019 from now on ?

2 hours ago, woofers said:

Sorry to be either a pain or pedantic, but perhaps we could just use the one thread in the Championship section for Eastbourne 2019 from now on ?

I was going to post that and found you had beaten me to it. 

3 hours ago, Mike.Butler said:

maybe keep this one for the NL team someone suggested they might run.!

Don't think so.

• Like 1