British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

Speedway Euro Championship 2019 (Final 4th round Saturday September 28 Chorzow live on TV)

13 hours ago, Leicester Lion said:

So what if he was in front, or, more accurately, marginally ahead with his opponent alongside? It doesn't give a rider the right to ride dangerously. If Bellego had been left enough room he wouldn't have crashed. 

I saw a view from behind.   There was room but Bellego hit a pile of dirt against the fence which unsettled him.   Probably the same view the ref saw which allowed him to make his decision.

Just now, Mark said:

I saw a view from behind.   There was room but Bellego hit a pile of dirt against the fence which unsettled him.   Probably the same view the ref saw which allowed him to make his decision.

Yes that view made it clear that it was Bellego's accident not due to illegal the riding of Pedersen.

Reality is Pedersen has gained himself such a 'reputation' that most people cannot objectively see beyond. And he can only blame himself for that as he was such a dirty git way too often in the past.

1 minute ago, Grand Central said:

Yes that view made it clear that it was Bellego's accident not due to illegal the riding of Pedersen.

Reality is Pedersen has gained himself such a 'reputation' that most people cannot objectively see beyond. And he can only blame himself for that as he was such a dirty git way too often in the past.

Pedersen was in print saying he was a too aggressive earlier in his career but I can't think of anything he's done in recent times that is worse than other riders.   Zmarszik, Lindgren, Doyle have all pulled off moves far worse than Pedersen did.   Madsen nearly put Fricke through the fence in a GP semi final but hardly a word said. 

• Like 1

Yes I agree about recent history.

But I don't think he can get away with 'spinning' his past as being 'too aggressive', that does not wash. He was often nasty, dirty and deliberately intent on taken riders out. That went way beyond what we can accept as being just youthful aggression.

Good that the referee saw it correctly last night.

18 minutes ago, Mark said:

Pedersen was in print saying he was a too aggressive earlier in his career but I can't think of anything he's done in recent times that is worse than other riders.   Zmarszik, Lindgren, Doyle have all pulled off moves far worse than Pedersen did.   Madsen nearly put Fricke through the fence in a GP semi final but hardly a word said. 

Not a fan of Pedersen but you are totally right Madsen got away with murder the other week with Fricke . It was only the professional attitude of Max that made him stay on thought Nicki was ruthless but was it an exclusion for Nicki a hard one to call.

12 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Not a fan of Pedersen but you are totally right Madsen got away with murder the other week with Fricke . It was only the professional attitude of Max that made him stay on thought Nicki was ruthless but was it an exclusion for Nicki a hard one to call.

when Pedersen retires there will be nothing left to talk about if the sports rulers continue to have the bigger meetings on boring tracks.     Gustrow was another boring meeting so we are talking about Pedersen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

He should do what do you think racers?? he is not over the hill he still looks hungry.

Just think there will be others in the queue before him, like Fricke, Lambert, Drabik maybe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grand Central said:

Yes I agree about recent history.

But I don't think he can get away with 'spinning' his past as being 'too aggressive', that does not wash. He was often nasty, dirty and deliberately intent on taken riders out. That went way beyond what we can accept as being just youthful aggression.

Good that the referee saw it correctly last night.

I wrote too aggressive.   That wasn't the quote from Pedersen and cant remember what he said

• Like 1

4,500 is an ok but not great crowd, considering they got 8,000 for the Whitsun Pfingstpokal meeting with a poorer quality field

3 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Just think there will be others in the queue before him, like Fricke, Lambert, Drabik maybe.

Maybe that tells you what is wrong with Speedway the GP series the qualifying system is flawed still a closed shop.

10 hours ago, Mark said:

Did Pedersen know the dirt was piled up near the fence?

Has anyone downloaded the meeting  couldn't watch it last night 

7 hours ago, r8gdp said:

Has anyone downloaded the meeting  couldn't watch it last night 

If you mean the Eurosport UK shown meeting, you didn’t miss much. Just 6 races shown, ht 17-20, semi an final.

Pedersen knows that if he closes the door on Bellego but is still in front he is unlikely to get excluded.  I think the reason NP has so many more of these incidents is because:

(1) he is vulnerable to the big blast round the outside. He's been under powered for the last 4-5 years

(2) he's proper a dirty rider

Still love him though!

5 hours ago, James Carter said:

Pedersen knows that if he closes the door on Bellego but is still in front he is unlikely to get excluded.  I think the reason NP has so many more of these incidents is because:

(1) he is vulnerable to the big blast round the outside. He's been under powered for the last 4-5 years

(2) he's proper a dirty rider

Still love him though!

He can't really be underpowered can he?  You can't be underpowered for so long?  If that is the case and sometimes it looks that way, then he needs different engine sponsors and new staff?  I think he is just on the downward slope but still can be good to watch. :t: