British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

Speedway Euro Championship 2019 (Final 4th round Saturday September 28 Chorzow live on TV)

19 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Exactly the same crash again from Adrian M. Poor old Predpelski.

That over the years has been a classic Miedinski move. Plenty have been fenced over the years with that move!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Midland Red said:

He’s having enough trouble with Woryna!

We’ve had a couple of Pearson’s “very much so” from Dave Rowe

I've heard a "Vorney", and a "Voranee" so far..:D

Presume he isn't talking about the ex Yorkshire and England Captain..

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, mikebv said:

Presume he isn't talking about the ex Yorkshire and England Captain

Nigel Voocock?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pointless competition with mostly processional riding promoted by  a Polish company with largely second tier riders in front of a stadium less than half full.  

And people say Speedway in Poland is the future? If that’s the case, there is no future. 

And we finish with a "Veeona"..

Fair play though, easy to criticise..

He got Leon Madsen spot on all night..

:D

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Though I seen Madsen smiling there.:rolleyes:

How very dare he?

He should be ashamed of himself...

Dribble, Dribble, Dirty rider, Dribble, Dribble, Should be banned, Dribble, Dribble...

etc etc etc..

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Star Lady said:

That's a cringeworthy question to ask!

Same for other sports i have seen slo mo replays of serious crashes in F1 or Superbike or in Canada where I live of hockey(skate slashing throat at one NHL match years ago) maybe UK is different.

48 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Pointless competition with mostly processional riding promoted by  a Polish company with largely second tier riders in front of a stadium less than half full.  

And people say Speedway in Poland is the future? If that’s the case, there is no future. 

League is what matters in Poland very few people care for meaningless meetings hence no crowd.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

And we finish with a "Veeona"..

Fair play though, easy to criticise..

He got Leon Madsen spot on all night..

:D

His Michael Jepsen Jensen has improved immensely though

Leon madsen  for me the jury's still out comes under riders lose s control wipes out 2 fellow riders waves to the crowd like all is ok , Thomson done for meeting  ok the tracks not brilliant but show some compassion for fellow riders or am I too picky 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

Be it pointless or not but there was more passing and interest in that meeting tonight than all the GP's this season put together (not to mention the dreadful SON rubbish from last week!)

4 hours ago, Midland Red said:

His Michael Jepsen Jensen has improved immensely though

You think???

Pretty sure Sam called him "Mikkel Jesper Jensen" or "Jesper Jensen" at least a few times. 

I seriously do not understand how Sam keeps getting hired for commentary. He can't pronounce most of the rider names and he offers very little in the way of genuine insight, he just rambles incoherently and makes up words as he goes... I'm pretty sure he dropped in "terrocious" tonight to describe a gate position.

He seems like a nice bloke and has always been friendly when we've met, but as a colour commentator he is just awful. 

As much as Kelvin Tatum gets abuse, at least he seems to know the English language and gives some interesting and useful info from an ex rider's point of view... and I'm pretty sure there are many ex riders who could do the same, or at least better than Sam.

• Like 5

Just watched the Torun round having been out last night. Poor meeting from one of the better tracks in Poland generally. Miedzinski's move in heat 20 was dangerous, as was Madsen'si n heat 10. Absolutely no thought for their fellow riders. Jarek Hampel really is the most boring rider to watch these days.