British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

Speedway Euro Championship 2019 (Final 4th round Saturday September 28 Chorzow live on TV)

13 minutes ago, Mark said:

turned left ?    that is one thing he didn't do as bellego was on his out

He moves his left hand forward going down the straight,making his rear wheel to move to the right,riders have been doing it for years.

6 minutes ago, burton1 said:

He moves his left hand forward going down the straight,making his rear wheel to move to the right,riders have been doing it for years.

Which part of that manouvre means he turned left then?

31 minutes ago, mickthemuppet said:

What a disgrace. Has any channel  ever put on a live event after three quarters of it  are over. Be interesting what their thinking  is but we will never know. I wonder what Joe Public would make of this if they had just joined it

Totally agree. Perhaps we should all lobby ITV 4 to make a bid for speedway. They had darts from Germany on tonight so right country wrong sport. Well done to Laguta. Be interesting to see what Eurosport do with future rounds. If they cannot be bothered, allow someone else to live stream it but stop treating speedway supporters with such contempt

Another bland TV meeting with only a couple of really good races.     I'm starting to lose interest in the sport.    I badly need an exciting meeting to get the season started.     

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mark said:

Another bland TV meeting with only a couple of really good races.     I'm starting to lose interest in the sport.    I badly need an exciting meeting to get the season started.     

Tomorrow`s Polish championships final(IMP). Leszno should prove some excitement, although the field is not the greatest- bit of a class difference between top and bottom.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Star Lady said:

Ermolenko showing his anti Nicki bias again. Bellego had enough room, Nicki was in front IMHO

So what if he was in front, or, more accurately, marginally ahead with his opponent alongside? It doesn't give a rider the right to ride dangerously. If Bellego had been left enough room he wouldn't have crashed. 

Nicki didn’t do anything wrong, he just done what 99% of riders would do in the same scenario but because it’s Nicki everyone is up in arms about it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawk127 said:

Totally agree. Perhaps we should all lobby ITV 4 to make a bid for speedway. They had darts from Germany on tonight so right country wrong sport. Well done to Laguta. Be interesting to see what Eurosport do with future rounds. If they cannot be bothered, allow someone else to live stream it but stop treating speedway supporters with such contempt

It`s not an easy fix i`m afraid- With Onesport being a Polish company and holding the rights to the SEC and world U21, their  number one target area is Poland and i should imagine that Eurosport Poland did the contract and promised them live coverage of both comps in Poland. To be fair to One sport in previous years they have provided English commentary internet coverage of the U 21`s when Eleven Sport Poland had the contract. Obviously Eurosport Poland cannot dictate to the other Eurosport countries what they show live(Germany doesn`t show them at all !!!!). Below is an email i sent to Eurosport UK last Saturday.

PLEASE PASS THIS EMAIL TO THE EUROSPORT UK PROGRAMME SCHEDULE CONTROLLER

Dear sirs, Eurosport this year are showing the 3rd and 4th most important world speedway competitions namely 1/ speedway European championships(SEC) 4 rounds 2/ World U21 championships 3 rounds. The Promoters are a Polish company(Onesport) so maybe the contract was agreed and signed by Eurosport Poland.

I have been involved in UK Speedway racing for over 50 years as a fan and in management, and would like to make some observations on how Eurosport UK are scheduling these 2 competitions in 2019.

the 1st round of the World U21 competition was held on Saturday June 22nd- it was shown live on Eurosport Poland and i believe on Eurosport player here in the UK. The 1st showing on TV was an hour highlights on Tuesday morning 25th, and the programme started at heat 19 out of 23 races !!!!

The 1st final of the SEC competition is next Saturday July 13th from Gustrow Germany. The meeting starts at 1900 local time(1800 here in the UK) with once again Eurosport Poland showing the whole match live. Eurosport UK goes live at 19.45 for 75 mins which undoubtedly will mean British viewers will join the action at about race 17 of a 22 race programme !!!

Speedway fans like myself get frustrated at missing races, and myself and others would far prefer you showing the whole meeting on "delayed live" ie show next Saturday`s whole meeting for 3 hours from 19.45, if you cannot programme the meeting live because of other sport on the 2 channels. We can keep away from checking scores until transmission starts. you are sending 2 commentators to the tracks for the 7 rounds so i would think you would like to get the maximum viewing figures you can get.

• Thanks 1

What anthem was that? Has Laguta changed nationality!

16 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Live as in showing the FA cup final from 75 mins on the clock !!!!!

I can think of a few cup finals where that wouldn’t have been a bad thing :D

12 hours ago, nw42 said:

Which part of that manouvre means he turned left then?

When he gets his back wheel to slide out to the right, effectively shutting a door for Bellego that he was more then half way through. I like NP riding, it aways full of effort, but I can see this trait in him that he will do virtually anything to block a rider challenging him. Thats ok to a point, but sometimes he oversteps the mark, and sometimes the referees acts on it.

As for the meeting shown on Eurosport UK, 5 races, thats all we got. If you going to do it do it right or not bother.  If they cant show it live, show a recording at a quieter time, or if restricted for time, show some highlights from the previous 16 races then show the last 5.

Great to see Laguta  back he actually looks more focused now than ever, i  hope he qualifies for the GP series in 2020 .For  me at his best he is a top eight rider and he would add more quality to the series.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Great to see Laguta  back he actually looks more focused now than ever, i  hope he qualifies for the GP series in 2020 .For  me at his best he is a top eight rider and he would add more quality to the series.

He will need a wildcard as he didn’t do the qualifiers- not sure he would get one.

Just now, racers and royals said:

He will need a wildcard as he didn’t do the qualifiers- not sure he would get one.

He should do what do you think racers?? he is not over the hill he still looks hungry.

It was the wrong hymn, and OneSport has done the same thing twice this year, after Chugunov had won the world u21 round in Poland last month, they did it too. On purpose perhaps?

This is what Wikipedia writes about this outdated and unpopular hymn, that was played for the winner at Güstrow last night:

The lyric-free "Patrioticheskaya Pesnya", composed by Mikhail Glinka, was officially adopted in 1990 by the Supreme Soviet of Russia and confirmed in 1993, after the dissolution of the Soviet Union, by the President of the Russian Federation, Boris Yeltsin. This anthem proved to be unpopular with the Russian public and with many politicians and public figures, because of its tune and lack of lyrics, and consequently its inability to inspire Russian athletes during international competitions. The government sponsored contests to create lyrics for the unpopular anthem, but none of the entries were adopted.

Glinka's anthem was replaced soon after Yeltsin's successor, Vladimir Putin, first took office on 7 May 2000. The federal legislature established and approved the music of the National Anthem of the Soviet Union, with newly written lyrics, in December 2000, and it became the second anthem used by Russia after the dissolution of the Soviet Union. Yeltsin criticized Putin for supporting the reintroduction of the Soviet-era national anthem even though opinion polls showed that many Russians favored this decision.