British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

Speedway Euro Championship 2019 (Final 4th round Saturday September 28 Chorzow live on TV)

7 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Hope springs eternal or as we say in Germany Hoffnung stirbt zuletzt 

But he has surprised me. I had written him off and thought he was hardly doing anything. Having an Indian summer in his career or has he got s dodgy engine from somewhere? :D

Two brand new ones exactly a year ago. He's been flying since. Not necessarily dodgy but brand new. Like he said he felt the difference and after a couple of good performances his confidence sky rocketed.

Good for him, he's been struggling or almost making it for 15 years now.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2019 at 6:12 PM, racers and royals said:

This is who i make the 15 qualifiers for the challenge final + 1 Hungarian WC

MJJ

Lebiediev

Kildemand

Przedpelski

Smektala

Bellego

Kudriashov

Thomsen

Miedzinski

Milik

Kubera

Pavlic

G Laguta

Woryna

Logaczov

How many qualify? 

18 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

How many qualify? 

From the SEC website

Five spots in SEC 2019 are alredy reserved for Leon Madsen, Jarosław Hampel, Robert Lambert, Mikkel Michelsen and Antonio Lindbaeck (TOP 5 of 2018). Next five are secured for SEC Challenge's top. Last spots will go to permanent "wild cards" and a single "wild card" for each round.

Edit therefore 5 wildcards(can`t be GP riders) Nicki Pedersen is a cert to get one.

Edited by racers and royals

Saturday`s confirmed line-up and Draw

SEC Challenge startlist:

1. Martin Smolinski (Germany)
2. Sergey Logatchev (Russia)
3. Roland Kovacs (Hungary)
4. David Bellego (France)
5. Peter Kildemand (Denmark)
6. Anders Thomsen (Denmark)
7. Andzejs Lebedevs (Latvia)
8. Adrian Miedziński (Poland)
9. Michael Jepsen Jensen (Denmark)
10. Andrei Kudriashov (Russia)
11. Paweł Przedpełski (Poland)
12. Vaclav Milik (Czech Republic)
13. Kacper Woryna (Poland)
14. Bartosz Smektała (Poland)
15. Grigory Laguta (Russia)
16. Jurica Pavlic (Croatia)
R1. Bjarne Pedersen (Denmark)
R2. Tobiasz Musielak (Poland)

Are these meetings covered by Eurosport once we get to the actual Championship ?

21 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

Are these meetings covered by Eurosport once we get to the actual Championship ?

Yes all the 4 finals are on Eurosport- it remains to be seen however  if the whole meetings will be seen on British Eurosport as they have plenty of other live  sports they cover in the summer. All meetings will be fully live on Polish Eurosport.

Challenge final is live on the internet on Saturday shown by Sabmar TV programme starts at 1.40pm UK time 1st race 2pm

i cannot put link up- maybe someone else can(from studio Sabmar TV on you tube)

On 5/13/2019 at 9:31 PM, racers and royals said:

From the SEC website

Five spots in SEC 2019 are alredy reserved for Leon Madsen, Jarosław Hampel, Robert Lambert, Mikkel Michelsen and Antonio Lindbaeck (TOP 5 of 2018). Next five are secured for SEC Challenge's top. Last spots will go to permanent "wild cards" and a single "wild card" for each round.

Edit therefore 5 wildcards(can`t be GP riders) Nicki Pedersen is a cert to get one.

G Laguta and MJJ,  Bellago, Woryna and Milik all qualify from this afternoon’s challenge

Potential wild cards looking at previous one sport events.

Pedersen

Smektala

A Pawlicki bro.

Huckenbeck or smolinski

Lebidevs 

It's hard to make a case for any other brits, maybe Harris just on the back of his name.

I think given a shot Bewley or S Worrall could do a job, but niether have enough club form let alone international level form to spark much enthusiasm for either outside of the UK.

3 hours ago, James Carter said:

Laguta was on another level in that match. If I was Anders Thomsen I'd be calling WADA 

Come on, man, be fair and give Laguta credit were credit is due. He is a great speedway rider ! I woudl dearly love to see him ride as a wild card in one or other of the upcoming SGP rounds. He would ruffle a few feathers there, for sure !

Thomsen could rather challenge the referee's verdict when Woryna came down and he go the blame for that in the all deciding "last chance" heat. That was a harsh decision, that went against Thomsen.     

15 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

Come on, man, be fair and give Laguta credit were credit is due. He is a great speedway rider ! I woudl dearly love to see him ride as a wild card in one or other of the upcoming SGP rounds. He would ruffle a few feathers there, for sure !

Thomsen could rather challenge the referee's verdict when Woryna came down and he go the blame for that in the all deciding "last chance" heat. That was a harsh decision, that went against Thomsen.     

I'm only kidding about WADA. Then again I am a bad loser so I'd still do it. He was so good though especially in his 5th race. Hope he gives Lublin that extra fire power they lack and they can avoid relegation

• Like 1