British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Skidder1

2019 GSAs

The final 2018 Greensheets are now on the BSPA website as of this morning.  I assume they are all correct as there are one or two unexpected averages on the list imo.

With there now being a conversion rate for riders doubling up/down, have the BSPA released which of these averages will be used for riders riding in both leagues.

For example Harris has a  Premiership average of 7.78, and a Championship average of 7.71. If you convert the Premier league average it will be a lot higher than his current one in the Championship.

For me if you wish to reduce the amount of doubling up/down, the higher of the two averages when converted should be used.

• Like 7

So we now know that it isn't all ex-NL/CL riders that get the 2.5% as was stated in the AGM PR. The Aussies & Kiwis that rode in the patriality seasons miss out.

Just now, woodenspoon said:

With there now being a conversion rate for riders doubling up/down, have the BSPA released which of these averages will be used for riders riding in both leagues.

For example Harris has a  Premiership average of 7.78, and a Championship average of 7.71. If you convert the Premier league average it will be a lot higher than his current one in the Championship.

For me if you wish to reduce the amount of doubling up/down, the higher of the two averages when converted should be used.

If the 2018 rule is still in place then riders with 2 averages from the same season use the one appropriate to the league they're riding in. If they are from different seasons then the latest one is used, converted if necessary.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

The final 2018 Greensheets are now on the BSPA website as of this morning.  I assume they are all correct as there are one or two unexpected averages on the list imo.

Do you still have to take the 2.5% reduction off these ?

8 minutes ago, Pob said:

Do you still have to take the 2.5% reduction off these ?

No, those are the reduced figures.

Edit:

My mistake. I wasn't looking at the C column on the previous issue. They are still the unreduced figure.

Edited by Alan_Jones

11 minutes ago, Alan_Jones said:

No, those are the reduced figures.

Ok thanks for the info as only asked the question as when looking at Danny King at Leicester he was 6.46 but in the final set he was up to 6.52 and with out riding ?

1 minute ago, Pob said:

Ok thanks for the info as only asked the question as when looking at Danny King at Leicester he was 6.46 but in the final set he was up to 6.52 and with out riding ?

See my edit above. I was wrong.

7 minutes ago, Alan_Jones said:

See my edit above. I was wrong.

Ahhhh Thanks Alan .

Its a shame when they bothered to publish these final averages  they could have already taken out the 2.5% reduction for all to see.

Edited by Pob

26 minutes ago, Alan_Jones said:

So we now know that it isn't all ex-NL/CL riders that get the 2.5% as was stated in the AGM PR. The Aussies & Kiwis that rode in the patriality seasons miss out.

OK. Got that wrong. I wasn't looking at the C column on the previous issue, so we still don't know if Morris, BWD, etc. get the reduction.

Wasn’t Swindon versus Belle Vue on the 27th September the only meeting that should have affected the penultimate set of greensheets? If so, why have so many averages changed outside of the Swindon and Belle Vue teams? Possibly because the Rye House results have been removed?

Somerset have so far signed Harris, Schlein and Covatti on a combined average of around 22. If they sign for a premiership club aswell with the 1.5 multiplier it will be more like 30. Does that mean these riders have chosen championship over the premiership or have Somerset made a big mistake

1 hour ago, Nellie said:

Wasn’t Swindon versus Belle Vue on the 27th September the only meeting that should have affected the penultimate set of greensheets? If so, why have so many averages changed outside of the Swindon and Belle Vue teams? Possibly because the Rye House results have been removed?

I'm wondering whether they've included the Play-Offs even though they're not suppose too.

I can't see any other reason for Robert Lambert to go from 9.31 to 9.13.

10 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Somerset have so far signed Harris, Schlein and Covatti on a combined average of around 22. If they sign for a premiership club aswell with the 1.5 multiplier it will be more like 30. Does that mean these riders have chosen championship over the premiership or have Somerset made a big mistake

It seems original Championship averages are being used which is farcical to the new conversion rates. 

• Like 1