British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

NL AGM 2018

18 hours ago, CottonOn said:

there could yet be a twist with the Eagles also maintaining a NL interest.

18 hours ago, Islander15 said:

I definitely can’t see a second eagles team appearing

10 hours ago, Londonfan said:

Speedway Star last week suggested there could be an 11th hour bid to run a NL team at Rye House next year.  Anyone heard anything about this?

Hmmmmm....

1 hour ago, Mike.Butler said:

is it too much to ask that we have a standard set of rules re tactical switches/replacements etc during matches across all leagues?

I think you know the answer! 

Is it a one day or a two day junket? When can we expect press releases, leaks or other informed word of what's gone on?

2 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

Sad to see Buxton not riding.

Jayne and family have done a marvellous job keeping Buxton going in difficult circumstances.

Thanks for all your efforts

Beyond sad ,something is very wrong with our sport :(

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, eaglesno1 said:

So with 7 riders per team building to a 36 point limit its going to be tight for any riders with averages over 7.5 getting a place unless a team can get any of the 2.0 riders that are available. With the likes of Dan Gilkes, Dan & Joe Thompson & Chad Wirtzfield. I'm  sorry but i couldn't think of any more names so it looks like of all the 8 teams competing in the NL will be on the lookout for the next MDL superstar. No disrespect to any riders with a 5 - 6 average but who will want to pay £12 to watch these riders riding at numbers one & five.

Perhaps Birmingham are one of those "Possibility of further applicants" teams?  Nothing else seems to be known about the fate of the Brummies :o

36 minutes ago, Brummie Kev said:

When is the MDL AGM, maybe we are applying to race in that?:o

You never know your luck. Could even go Premiership lol

No-one has said where Cradley will be riding in 2019. I'm assuming that Monmore Wood/Green still has it's restrictions on how often it can stage speedway?

Could be that Birmingham won't be riding at all, and that Cradley will be riding at Perry Barr, with the expectation that Brummies fans will convert to the Heathens???

Or not...but definately one or the other.

Can only see the low points limit either forcing the better riders up into the Championship or out of a job completely, or if clubs do take on a Roynon, Bacon, etc, then they have to fill the rest of the team with 4.5ish riders. Makes you wonder where clubs will find all these sub 5-6 point riders...