British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

NL AGM 2018

53 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

I thought I had read somewhere where certain riders could not get spots because of their average. I was not sure if he/she was surmising that these riders could not get spots because of the reduced team average or because of their own high average but what was posted was that a rider could not ride in the NL if he had achieved a 4+ average in the CL in the past even saying if it was 25 years ago. Was this a wind up post or is it true for 2019?

It appears to be a new rule that wasn't in the post AGM press release.

However it is not a ban on such riders, but a restriction to ONE per team.

( at least that is my understanding of the situation today)

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, arnieg said:

It appears to be a new rule that wasn't in the post AGM press release.

However it is not a ban on such riders, but a restriction to ONE per team.

( at least that is my understanding of the situation today)

That's my understanding as well, not sure how many riders it affects, Armstrong, Bowen, Bacon, Shane's,Wilson, Ayres, Hurry,Baseby  and Roynon I would have thought reached that level at one time. Not sure on Clegg, Morley or Perks.

1 hour ago, iand said:

That's my understanding as well, not sure how many riders it affects, Armstrong, Bowen, Bacon, Shane's,Wilson, Ayres, Hurry,Baseby  and Roynon I would have thought reached that level at one time. Not sure on Clegg, Morley or Perks.

Yes to all 3. 

Cheers for the clarification as I wondered about the Perks signing & announcing he had achieved a 5 point average in 2017.

I assume Perry is on the 4+ list as well ? Going to make things interesting in 2020 if the rule stays the same and all those doubling up this year do alright for a period of time.

After the AGM it said there was a possibility of more teams joining, is that not going to happen? Plenty of riders still available.

Rye House possibly? Looking at riders who haven’t been signed and ones I think wouldn’t already be signed. 

1  Kemp 9.15

2 Dugard 3.35

3 Hurry 6.75 

4 Hampshire 5.11

5 Kingsley 7.54 

6 butcher 2.01

7 Ablitt 2

1 hour ago, TurnTwo said:

Rye House possibly? Looking at riders who haven’t been signed and ones I think wouldn’t already be signed. 

1  Kemp 9.15

2 Dugard 3.35

3 Hurry 6.75 

4 Hampshire 5.11

5 Kingsley 7.54 

6 butcher 2.01

7 Ablitt 2

Read somewhere that Hampshire not riding next year

2 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

1  Kemp 9.15

2 Dugard 3.35

3 Hurry 6.75 

4 Hampshire 5.11

5 Kingsley 7.54 

6 butcher 2.01

7 Ablitt 2

Thought id heard that Rye House is no longer SCB licenced......certainly plenty to be sorted out before a team gets on track.... plus i hope the Dugard you are referring to is Martin as Kelsey isn't worth 0.35.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Woz01 said:

After the AGM it said there was a possibility of more teams joining, is that not going to happen? Plenty of riders still available.

I think that was said more to cover Birmingham (and to an extent Eastbourne) than open the door to Rye. 

Kemp has signed for Kent. Who would qualify to take his place if he was to miss a match through injury? Could it be As an example Morley , average wise fits but can he because of this new ruling about only 1 rider with the over 4 average. Does the ruling only effect start of the season team building?

16 hours ago, iand said:

Kemp has signed for Kent. Who would qualify to take his place if he was to miss a match through injury? Could it be As an example Morley , average wise fits but can he because of this new ruling about only 1 rider with the over 4 average. Does the ruling only effect start of the season team building?

Any rider with an average lower than Kemp’s can guest. 

3 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Any rider with an average lower than Kemp’s can guest. 

If Kemp was to start the season well and did move upto Ipswich as has been rumoured on other threads could he continue to ride for Kent ( treble up ) ? If he did  have to drop Kent could he be replaced by someone with an previous over 4 Championship average.

4 hours ago, iand said:

If Kemp was to start the season well and did move upto Ipswich as has been rumoured on other threads could he continue to ride for Kent ( treble up ) ? If he did  have to drop Kent could he be replaced by someone with an previous over 4 Championship average.

I’d they were signing someone to replace him, then yes Kent would have to stick to that rule. But riders can do all 3 leagues if they wish (unless it’s anorger rule change that we’re unaware of).