British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rayleigh

Lakeside and the BSPA

On 11/25/2018 at 7:17 AM, bigred said:

Some sort of dispute between the two ..

Any connection between this and the BSPA becoming a Limited Company ?

On 11/23/2018 at 8:06 PM, liam said:

The presenter from the radio interview with Cook last night said the BSPA wouldn’t allow Lakeside to run in the Premiership or Championship at Rye due to the poor facilities. They could have run national league though.

What is the facilities difference between running Championship & National League? Tracks should be licenced as safe or deemed unsafe, there can't be any middle ground. The attitude of don't worry about NL riders they only poodle round has been holding the sport back for years. 

• Like 2

The attitude of don't worry about NL riders they only poodle round has been holding the sport back for years. 

Aren't they referring to the facilities available rather than the track? :unsure: Probably a lot more people would attend PL or CL matches.

I am sure Rye House still owe riders & the BSPA money, ditto Lakeside. If everybody was paid up I've no doubt that Rye House would be welcome to participate in one of the leagues in 2019.

Also is it not the financial situation with Lakeside that is causing Jon Cook problems (2018 Lakeside co-promoter) with his intended "jumping ship" to Eastbourne? or may-be the BSPA don't want someone involved who is "to intelligent for speedway" quote!     

7 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Aren't they referring to the facilities available rather than the track? :unsure: Probably a lot more people would attend PL or CL matches.

Quite possibly although as ever nobody actually says what they mean. If the reason was we will grant a licence for a max crowd of 600 due to inadequate parking / viewing areas and CL is not sustainable at those numbers it would make sense. But not sure what actual facilities are actually required vs what are just nice to haves.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Quite possibly although as ever nobody actually says what they mean. If the reason was we will grant a licence for a max crowd of 600 due to inadequate parking / viewing areas and CL is not sustainable at those numbers it would make sense. But not sure what actual facilities are actually required vs what are just nice to haves.

It's debatable that Rye House Stadium is fit to stage public events. Maybe the health and safety inspectors have made a visit. Negotiating the car park is treacherous enough, and that's before you enter the stadium.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

What is the facilities difference between running Championship & National League? Tracks should be licenced as safe or deemed unsafe, there can't be any middle ground. The attitude of don't worry about NL riders they only poodle round has been holding the sport back for years. 

I have no idea Iam just saying what the presenter said on the radio but Iam guessing it’s nothing to do with the safety of the riders.

43 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

It's debatable that Rye House Stadium is fit to stage public events. Maybe the health and safety inspectors have made a visit. Negotiating the car park is treacherous enough, and that's before you enter the stadium.

I have no idea why they build the moto x track in the middle? Using the car park would have been challenging enough for even the most seasoned rider.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, liam said:

I have no idea Iam just saying what the presenter said on the radio but Iam guessing it’s nothing to do with the safety of the riders.

The only safety concern for the riders is the poor lighting on parts of the track.

2 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I have no idea why they build the moto x track in the middle? Using the car park would have been challenging enough for even the most seasoned rider.

Hard to argue with that!

I have more than once banged my head on the sloping wooden ceiling whilst arising from eating my chips. The absence of a 'Please mind your head' sign is baffling......

1 minute ago, Mike.Butler said:

I have more than once banged my head on the sloping wooden ceiling whilst arising from eating my chips. The absence of a 'Please mind your head' sign is baffling......

That's your fault mike, for being 7 foot tall!

35 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Hard to argue with that!

Isn't the car park owned by Thames Water and not the stadium?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HertsRacer said:

Isn't the car park owned by Thames Water and not the stadium?

Len probably made a packet hiring it out to the punters attending the London Olympics, perhaps he gave Thames Water a cut!

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

Len probably made a packet hiring it out to the punters attending the London Olympics, perhaps he gave Thames Water a cut!

a canal can also be called a 'cut' so this is quite a clever response well appreciated.