British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rayleigh

Lakeside and the BSPA

3 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Exactly... if a rider misses a PL fixture because of riding elsewhere they should be let go and no facilty given to the club in the mean time. 

Would count as withholding services surely? 28 day ban (which should include Poland too), no facility and might as well be sacked as most fans would turn their back on them anyway. 

3 hours ago, racers and royals said:

As regards the last line- the someone is already there "Sweden" and Thursday`s. Before anyone says" but we have priority" if anyone thinks that Doyle, Fricke Lambert ete etc will be happy missing a Swedish Thursday league match because they are riding here( for half the money) they they don`t know the modern Speedway rider very well !!!

Isn't that the point - There is a lack of fixtures so with decent planning and communications between us and Sweden, then nobody should miss meetings in either country.

It's rather more complicated  than that. As I said we were given a lot of background to a lot of matters, which I am not going splash out all over the forum. You can either believe it or not believe it , but take it from me the BSPA have treated  Stuart. Douglas apallingly, and  although I dont  have all the facts about Rye House, it does seem they have had a rough deal as well.

Ask yourself this :. With the state of speedway in this country why have we lost two promotions and an existing track without the BSPA bending over backwards to keep everyone on board?  

Last season three clubs, Lakeside , Peterborough, and Workington had serious financial problems and the sport was made a laughing stock because Rob Godfrey pulled the plug on fixtures that had previously been approved . When Godfrey was asked about it in Speedwáy Star he just kept on about his protocols. That's the mentality of these people. Never mind the fans, never mind the riders let's stick to the protocols. In any other business the customers are paramount. If you start losing customers you make changes to accommodate them. In BSPA world you stick to the protocols and if the paying public don't like it they can lump it. Crowds at almost every club are down. How many fans have been lost to the sport in the last 5 years alone. They call themselves an "Association" but some of those at the helm don't even know the meaning of the word. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Isn't that the point - There is a lack of fixtures so with decent planning and communications between us and Sweden, then nobody should miss meetings in either country.

You would like to think so but when was decent planning and communications ever associated with the BSPA.

38 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

You would like to think so but when was decent planning and communications ever associated with the BSPA.

Decent planning & communication over fixtures was normally in the hands of the fixture compiler but I read that last year it was down to the teams promotions. The original fixtures should NOT have been allowed as it was against what was proposed at the AGM & when problems arose in getting decent guests, some fixtures were cancelled & rulings applied to what was agreed at the AGM. 

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

Decent planning & communication over fixtures was normally in the hands of the fixture compiler but I read that last year it was down to the teams promotions. The original fixtures should NOT have been allowed as it was against what was proposed at the AGM & when problems arose in getting decent guests, some fixtures were cancelled & rulings applied to what was agreed at the AGM. 

Yes I am aware what Rob Godfrey quoted, the difference is not everyone believes it.

• Like 3

Just the 3 teams that were affected by it!

3 hours ago, Daytripper said:

It's rather more complicated  than that. As I said we were given a lot of background to a lot of matters, which I am not going splash out all over the forum. You can either believe it or not believe it , but take it from me the BSPA have treated  Stuart. Douglas apallingly, and  although I dont  have all the facts about Rye House, it does seem they have had a rough deal as well.

Ask yourself this :. With the state of speedway in this country why have we lost two promotions and an existing track without the BSPA bending over backwards to keep everyone on board?  

Last season three clubs, Lakeside , Peterborough, and Workington had serious financial problems and the sport was made a laughing stock because Rob Godfrey pulled the plug on fixtures that had previously been approved . When Godfrey was asked about it in Speedwáy Star he just kept on about his protocols. That's the mentality of these people. Never mind the fans, never mind the riders let's stick to the protocols. In any other business the customers are paramount. If you start losing customers you make changes to accommodate them. In BSPA world you stick to the protocols and if the paying public don't like it they can lump it. Crowds at almost every club are down. How many fans have been lost to the sport in the last 5 years alone. They call themselves an "Association" but some of those at the helm don't even know the meaning of the word. 

We had a whole Speedway Star magazine trying to discuss the "state" of British Speedway, and the above post just about sums everything up. Will the BSPA just read the above.

4 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Whether they should or should not have been allowed is not the point.  The fact is they WERE allowed and approved by the same Mr Godfrey who later pulled the plug. Once the figures were approved and published season tickets were bought on the strength of it, holidays and other arrangements were booked around it, clubs and more inportantly some members of the paying public were out of pocket or inconvenienced because of it. When Speedwáy Star published the interview with Godfrey, spread over two pages there was not a single word, not even a hint of apology to the fans whose money keeps the sport alive, just columns of self justification and banging on about protocols . As ever the BSPA behave as if the customers are just an inconvenience they  could  do without.

• Like 5

Yeah the bspa decided having one person do the fixtures was to be dispensed with instead they all went into a room and worked them out. As usual one or two of the smarter folks completely screwed the others royally.

In what way did they do that?