British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rayleigh

Lakeside and the BSPA

If there is a track available at Rye House, which it seems it is, and there is a promotion able to run speedway there and there seems there is, would you not think it would be in the interests of everyone to put one with the other and keep speedway going, irrespective of the arguments between the former Rye House promotion and the BSPA 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, screm said:

If there is a track available at Rye House, which it seems it is, and there is a promotion able to run speedway there and there seems there is, would you not think it would be in the interests of everyone to put one with the other and keep speedway going, irrespective of the arguments between the former Rye House promotion and the BSPA 

Both the Rye House and Lakeside promotions suffered considerable losses running there last season. I don't see a queue of prospective promoters wanting to run at Rye. NL racing might be worth a punt for someone with deep pockets.

15 minutes ago, screm said:

But if the former Rye House Promotion own the track then it's unlikely that the BSPA would want to see them getting any return on their investment by renting the track to someone else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oafski said:

But if the former Rye House Promotion own the track then it's unlikely that the BSPA would want to see them getting any return on their investment by renting the track to someone else.

Yes that may be very true though the current situation sees many people who would normally follow Rye House or Lakeside not able to attend speedway, possibly lost to the sport forever, the BSPA have just an AGM that is meant to lay the foundations for the future.

Compromise ? 

29 minutes ago, screm said:

Yes that may be very true though the current situation sees many people who would normally follow Rye House or Lakeside not able to attend speedway, possibly lost to the sport forever, the BSPA have just an AGM that is meant to lay the foundations for the future.

Compromise ? 

BMR ruffled far too many feathers for there to be a compromise.

5 hours ago, leander said:

I would suspect it's along the lines of the bond, that they are required to post with the BSPA before they run, not being sufficient to cover their outstanding debts (riders wages etc.). The BSPA will have paid the riders the outstanding wages, all be it at the standard league rate. I.e. Not the additional money agreed between Rye House and the individual riders. 

Just a theory.

Good theory, and one I suppose should not just be applied to RH ......

5 hours ago, leander said:

I would suspect it's along the lines of the bond, that they are required to post with the BSPA before they run, not being sufficient to cover their outstanding debts (riders wages etc.). The BSPA will have paid the riders the outstanding wages, all be it at the standard league rate. I.e. Not the additional money agreed between Rye House and the individual riders. 

Just a theory.

None of the riders have been paid by either the bspa or BMR .Rye house/ BMR should not be able to use the stadium for anything speedway until all monies have been settled.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bigred said:

None of the riders have been paid by either the bspa or BMR .Rye house/ BMR should not be able to use the stadium for anything speedway until all monies have been settled.

Why have the BSPA not used the bond money to settle up with the riders.

42 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Why have the BSPA not used the bond money to settle up with the riders.

Some sort of dispute between the two ..

20 hours ago, screm said:

Such a logical attitude you can forget being co-opted onto the BSPA

18 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Can you outline the "feathers"

On 24 November 2018 at 6:53 PM, cityrebel said:

Certainly wasn't impressed by the stadium promotion at Rye.  One prominent member of BMR told some Hammers fans to 'go home and not return' after they asked for the season ticket gate to be opened at the same time as the pay turnstiles!  This was shouted in front of quite a few supporters too.  Talk about bad customer service!  One former Rockets fan said he was always like that too.

15 minutes ago, Cliv Clav said:

Certainly wasn't impressed by the stadium promotion at Rye.  One prominent member of BMR told some Hammers fans to 'go home and not return' after they asked for the season ticket gate to be opened at the same time as the pay turnstiles!  This was shouted in front of quite a few supporters too.  Talk about bad customer service!  One former Rockets fan said he was always like that too.

One 'official' from an away track told me they were refusing to honour BSPA passes. Things like that don't go down well at the old Boys club.

25 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

One 'official' from an away track told me they were refusing to honour BSPA passes. Things like that don't go down well at the old Boys club.

And why shouldn't they. :unsure:

12 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Correct, they certainly refused one of the Peterborough ones towards the end.