British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2019

Well, we know where Tom Brennan will be next season and hopefully Georgie Wood. 

No better way to start than by bringing on two riders who club have developed. 

Wondering if some of the Lakeside boys from this season will come down too. 

Agree with the club statement: exciting times ahead at Arlington.

Can't wait for racing to start in 2019.

Edited by Richard Weston
correcting typing errors

That looks like good news for the Eagles and I wish them all the best. Sadly it could have a bad effect on the National League which is worrying as that is where the next generation of riders learn their trade. For the good of British Speedway all three leagues need to be kept as strong as possible. 

Fantastic news welcome back Eastbourne to the middle tier of racing.

I remember by visits fondly from the 90’s ( well actually i was always in a foul mood as my team invariably got stuffed!). Great news for speedway that the club feel confident enough to step up.

They will have a team that will be very hard to beat at home ,Arlington is a very hard track to get around and the home team will have plenty practice there and I  think if their reserves are Brennan and woods they will get a barrow load of points even against heat leaders 

Ah, it feels so good seeing the Eastbourne name in this section.

I was gutted when we moved out the Elite League but soon forgot all that with the great success in the National League but I am ready.

I hope we can proove to be as successful in the Championship but at the same time, I am happy to be patient for a year or so. I hope all fans feel the same!!

Surely Georgie and Tom at reserve but who else?? Exicting couple of months seeing signings come in!!

BUT BLIMEY!!! Away tris are gonna be a bit of a long haul! Hope some will come back to back!

• Like 1

Was there in 1977 as the bonny Bandits were in the cup final. We got humped but happy days. 

I'm assuming the 5 riders Jon Cook named in the Speedway Star article this week will be in your side so;

Lawson, Kennett, Bowtell, Wood, Brennan which leaves around 14.35. Add in Adam Ellis perhaps and that would be 6.71 left.

That's the team I am hoping for with Bradley Wilson Dean the last member.  Would be difficult to beat at home and should be worth a point or two away.

Would certainly be crowd pleasers with all but Lawson & Bowtell ex Eagles.

Only one I am not sure of is Bowtell. How has he progressed over the last year or so? Certainly used to struggle at Arlo. Is he championship second string level or would it mean Goergie be in the main team?

Edited by stevec

41 minutes ago, stevec said:

Only one I am not sure of is Bowtell. How has he progressed over the last year or so? Certainly used to struggle at Arlo. Is he championship second string level or would it mean Goergie be in the main team?

Ben Morley might have been a better shot. He is excellent at Arlington.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevec said:

The last time Bowtell rode Arlo was the first meeting in 2017, I think he rode it ok then. Looking at how much he has improved over the last 2 season he easily has the capability to get to grips with it.

I would imagine that if he is included that him, Wood and Brennan would end up swapping between the reserve berths and no2 throughout the season as none of them are really second strings yet.

16 minutes ago, eaglesno1 said:

The last time Bowtell rode Arlo was the first meeting in 2017, I think he rode it ok then. Looking at how much he has improved over the last 2 season he easily has the capability to get to grips with it.

I would imagine that if he is included that him, Wood and Brennan would end up swapping between the reserve berths and no2 throughout the season as none of them are really second strings yet.

Yeh, that would be my woryy if we have all three of them.

Mind you, I trust in our management to do the right thing!

If Cook is confirmed as your new promoter, Bowtell will be in your team.....he’s one of Cook’s favourites. Not sure about Alf on the smaller tracks - he’s done well at IOW in the National , but only time  will tell how he copes with Arlington at Championship level. Adam Ellis would be useful....but people tell me he’s riding in Poland in 2019?? Not useful for a Saturday track ?

• Like 1