British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2019

45 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

If Cook is confirmed as your new promoter, Bowtell will be in your team.....he’s one of Cook’s favourites. Not sure about Alf on the smaller tracks - he’s done well at IOW in the National , but only time  will tell how he copes with Arlington at Championship level. Adam Ellis would be useful....but people tell me he’s riding in Poland in 2019?? Not useful for a Saturday track ?

In the NL, some big track riders adapted very quickly to Arlington...no reason to believe Bowtell will be any different, if he is a team member.

There enough people at Eastbourne to help him learn.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Ellis has acontract in the Ekstraliga with Stal Gorzow

thing is skidder , because of the squads contracted doesn't mean a lot . riders have gone all season and had one or two rides even none in some cases so it might not be too much of a risk . however i don't know if he would be expected to be there if he was riding or not as that would nail it. i'd like to see adam ellis and ellis perks back. 

2 hours ago, gee jay said:

thing is skidder , because of the squads contracted doesn't mean a lot . riders have gone all season and had one or two rides even none in some cases so it might not be too much of a risk . however i don't know if he would be expected to be there if he was riding or not as that would nail it. i'd like to see adam ellis and ellis perks back. 

That’s the trouble with riders with Polish or othe countries contracts,there has to be a clear decision on the rules regarding missing riders in GB.( whatever is decided)

• Like 1

On 11/25/2018 at 11:23 AM, Richard Weston said:
In the NL, some big track riders adapted very quickly to Arlington...no reason to believe Bowtell will be any different, if he is a team member.

There enough people at Eastbourne to help him learn.

He done well at Newcastle.... looked the part if nowhere near the finished article..

Long straights with iddy biddy corners...

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
  • Like 1

When is confirmation expected in regard to the elevation of Eastbourne and Birmingham from the National League to the Championship?

Edited by Guest

38 minutes ago, gustix said:

When is confirmation expected in regard to the elevation of Eastbourne and Birmingham from the National League to the Championship?

Don't know about Birmingham but Eastbourne issued a statement last weekend pretty much confirming it and it said there would be official confirmation in another statement this weekend.

All the anticipation for the announcement on Sat/Sun and it is early and says nothing really meaningful.

Delaying the names again so the guesswork goes on.  What about the new management structure, etc, that was supposed to be revealed.

At least it looks like they are tying up the likes of Edwards, Brooks and no doubt Ablitt for the longer term.

Would have been better to have originally said when details have been finalised rather than committing to a date to reveal all of Dec1st/2nd.

Clever tactics ensuring Edwards & Brooks etc are tied up as assets before loaning them out for another season with a view to them featuring in 2020. 

Another club logo / re-brand possibly on the cards so maybe a step back towards the more traditional colour scheme?

11 hours ago, BLACKHEART said:

1. Edward Kennett 9.58

2. Alfie Bowtell 2.32

3.Adam Ellis 7.84

4. Zach Wajtknecht 5.06

5. Richard Lawson 9.03

6. Georgie Wood 2.13

7. Tom Brennan 2.00

Actually a really decent team that especially at Eastie

21 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Actually a really decent team that especially at Eastie

Agreed and all British.   Too much to hope for?

• Like 2

How did you get to Kennett's average, looks a little high to me?