British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2019

2 hours ago, BLACKHEART said:

Lawson, Kennett & Wajtknecht apparently. 

Very top heavy then,relying on zach to put in some big scores seems a team very reliant on lawson and kennett if true.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DC2 said:

Lewis Bridger?

you never know , one more comeback and he levels it with frank sinatra .

Bridger won’t ride again have you seen the size of him he must weight 17 stone just in muscle!!

9 hours ago, Paddy The Rebel said:

Very top heavy then,relying on zach to put in some big scores seems a team very reliant on lawson and kennett if true.

Don't undervalue the two reserves, they are developing fast and likely to be among the best in the league. Some of their times were as good as some from the Elite League days and they came within 0.1 of Adam Ellis' track record.  Their inclusion in next next years team was never in doubt.

I like the look of the team and my only question mark is against Lewis Kerr.  Is he going to be the same after his latest injury or is his confidence going to be eroded?.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hunters said:

Don't undervalue the two reserves, they are developing fast and likely to be among the best in the league. Some of their times were as good as some from the Elite League days and they came within 0.1 of Adam Ellis' track record.  Their inclusion in next next years team was never in doubt.

I like the look of the team and my only question mark is against Lewis Kerr.  Is he going to be the same after his latest injury or is his confidence going to be eroded?.

Lewi will be fine he is a confident lad and very professional

Regards
THJ

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hunters said:

if he can come back after that first big crash and ride like he was before last seasons crash i don't see him having any problem , i really don't. 

7 minutes ago, gee jay said:

if he can come back after that first big crash and ride like he was before last seasons crash i don't see him having any problem , i really don't. 

Totally agree. As a Newcastle fan Lewis would be one of the first names on my team sheet. That lad oozes quality, determination, and quite frankly came back even stronger after that life threatening crash. For me, he is a year away from proving a real top man in this league, and this could be his year. In a season where you need riders to put points on their average, Lewi will put more on than Lawson and kennett combined, and for me is a better shout that Ellis, especially on such a lower average.

best of luck mr Kerr, not that you need it!

• Like 2

Lewis Kerr is the real deal. He will love Arlington (and we will love him) and and away from home, he will be magic.

Too many people under-estimate the Eastbourne effect on riders.

• Like 3

On a slightly different note, wonder with John Cook back in charge whether we'll see the return of Kevin Coombes as the announcer? Would be a great addition to the line up, always enhanced the atmosphere, remember him fondly winding up the Poole fans when we were in Elite and had Nicki Pedersen riding against them. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Speedway197635 said:

What average would Steen Jensen be on? Maybe him, Kennett and Lawson?

Does Steen still ride? that was a while back..

11 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Jon Cook mentioned a few riders in the Speedway Star last week. Most have been signed so I would expect the rest to be signed as well.

Thanks, I hope they have. It looks a good side.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Speedway197635 said:

What average would Steen Jensen be on? Maybe him, Kennett and Lawson?

Don’t think you will see Steen Jensen in UK again, left Berwick under a big black cloud !