British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2019

1 hour ago, gee jay said:

here's one right out of left field , i've been really enjoying oliver bernstein's efforts in sweden for the last 2 yrs , what would his average be ? 

Is that Leonards brother? ;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

No, its elmers ffs

24 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

20 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

No, its elmers ffs

No relation to Oliver Berntzon then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ruckerroo said:

No, its elmers ffs

Tell that to Ipswich. They're looking for a magnificent seven just now.

10 hours ago, Alan_Jones said:

No relation to Oliver Berntzon then?

that's him , i made him sound way too jewish    

Edited by gee jay
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, tocha said:

Tell that to Ipswich. They're looking for a magnificent seven just now.

We would maybe settle for a magnificent 1 or 2 at the moment :(

On 12/9/2018 at 4:55 PM, old bob at herne bay said:

What would Nicki Pedersens average be in the  Championship

Worth enquiring. He’s not riding on Saturday nights anywhere else is he ?

And would be a huge boost to British Speedway.

Lawson

Bowtell

Kerr

Ellis

Wright

Wood

Brennan

Any good?

13 hours ago, DC2 said:

Lawson

Bowtell

Kerr

Ellis

Wright

Wood

Brennan

Any good?

Ellis isn't riding in the Champiuonship next season.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DC2 said:

Lawson

Bowtell

Kerr

Ellis

Wright

Wood

Brennan

Any good?

And Charles will, be at Redcar

On 12/11/2018 at 5:09 PM, woofers said:

Worth enquiring. He’s not riding on Saturday nights anywhere else is he ?

And would be a huge boost to British Speedway.

Probably not, but you'd need him to be available to ride away on sundays when you visit the likes of Sheffield and Newcastle. That ain't gonna happen, even if you could afford him ( which along with every other championship team) I doubt.

Nine teams now complete and the others almost.  I assume we finish with Kennett, Lawson and Zach.

Having never followed this League it is hard to tell just how strong the other teams are but they look on paper to be well matched. No outright favourites and I suspect that forecasting the top four is almost as hard as winning the lottery.

Redcar seem to be well fancied and we do know some of them.  I would think our heat leaders could match theirs so it is down to the bottom four. I don't know Stewart but have seen the other three and they hold no major fear over our four so we should be competitive.   It will be interesting to see how the continental riders handle Arlington as very few if any of them have been here.  I was also surprised how many English riders are 'strangers' to Arlington because they had not made the Elite League when we left but were past the NL when we joined.

Our home record should keep us mid table with the most likely challenge coming from Leicester.  Richie Worrell was brilliant as a guest with Poole scoring something like 18 points in the Elite League and Nicholls and Perks are ex eagles .  Mountain and Thomas have a fair bit of experience on the track but they did have difficulty against Wood and Brennan last year.

All in all a fascinating year ahead,  I just hope all those fans who refused to watch NL appreciate what is coming and return to the fold. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Hunters said:

Nine teams now complete and the others almost.  I assume we finish with Kennett, Lawson and Zach.

Having never followed this League it is hard to tell just how strong the other teams are but they look on paper to be well matched. No outright favourites and I suspect that forecasting the top four is almost as hard as winning the lottery.

Redcar seem to be well fancied and we do know some of them.  I would think our heat leaders could match theirs so it is down to the bottom four. I don't know Stewart but have seen the other three and they hold no major fear over our four so we should be competitive.   It will be interesting to see how the continental riders handle Arlington as very few if any of them have been here.  I was also surprised how many English riders are 'strangers' to Arlington because they had not made the Elite League when we left but were past the NL when we joined.

Our home record should keep us mid table with the most likely challenge coming from Leicester.  Richie Worrell was brilliant as a guest with Poole scoring something like 18 points in the Elite League and Nicholls and Perks are ex eagles .  Mountain and Thomas have a fair bit of experience on the track but they did have difficulty against Wood and Brennan last year.

All in all a fascinating year ahead,  I just hope all those fans who refused to watch NL appreciate what is coming and return to the fold. 

As usual Eastie will be forecast to be bottom 4 and as usual will more than likely end up in the top 4. If that is the final 7 as expected, can't see us losing at home with that strength in depth of riders who ride well at Arlington. Think it will be a pretty open league this year which can only be good .

• Like 1

From the angle of putting together a team in the championship on a budget  I suppose with the Lakeside/Cook/Eastbourne collaboration the expected team will be put together with no loan fees? If as I suspect that is probably the case, when you look at the unease on the Birmingham section ref the team for this year, think we can be pretty happy with the team. Think Eddie's average is a bit high, but be good to see him back having seen him in the second halves all those years ago. 

• Like 1