British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2019

Looking at the likely number 4 riders this year & the proposed Eastbourne side Morley is certainly the closest to it in terms of consistent standard and it is ultimately the next step for him in his career as he looks to hold his own outside the reserve / number 2 berths. Lets not forget its not the riders fault that they are being pressed into riding in positions perhaps slightly above their current level (same as Bowtell at 2) its the way the side has been built and with 2 x 9+ riders included there will always be a long tail who perhaps gets a slating they don't deserve. 

• Like 2

It’s a weaker league and needs NL riders to step up otherwise what’s the point.

The team you start with is never the team you finish with these days.

• Like 1

TurnTwo,.i have a number of old hats I could send you ,,My.old Lakeside cap  would be particularly tasty.....

• Like 1

14 hours ago, waco said:

TurnTwo,.i have a number of old hats I could send you ,,My.old Lakeside cap  would be particularly tasty.....

Sounds like Ben is one of the last three so why don't they say so?   Waco should know.

We thought it was Zach but no.  Maybe it is not Kennett either.  Why must we be the last to know.?  Otherwise only Newcastle and 1 at Brum are left in doubt as the other nine teams are complete. 

21 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

With a long tail you have to make sure one of those 4 are able to race as a number 4 (one of them I’m sure might be able to during the season but not just yet) if you compare them to riders who rode at number 4 last year (I understand the limit is now lower) I don’t think one of the four are a number four - yet. But I think wood or Brennan would be a number Four at home not so sure who would away. Out of the four and no disrespect to Ben as I know he’s your grandson Waco just my honest opinion but he isn’t one of those four. He will finish at reserve and he isn’t going to get any better I feel - if he proves me wrong I’ll eat my hat but he only has that average because of his home love for lakeside a track he’s ridden for many years that other riders struggle to even get round. 

I would think Wood at present would be the best bet for no 4 at home but soon to be overtaken by Brennan.  Ben Morley rides Arlington well but the other two were flying at the end of last year.   However away is different and Morley might well be the better option. Its all irrelevant because averages determine the positions and I think the bottom four will all be in the reserve spots at some time.  The most likely is Alfie Bowtell who could be an asset away but has really not been happy at Arlington.

Unless Eddie Kennett regains some of the form he had when he left us in the Elite days we could be relying on the bottom 4 to keep us afloat.

Hopefully there will be some closer meetings at Arlington next season. It's become far too predictable in recent years.

• Like 1

The last 3 riders have yet to be named , ,,so until then it is all speculation ,,I would think only Lawson is nailed on...

12 minutes ago, waco said:

The last 3 riders have yet to be named , ,,so until then it is all speculation ,,I would think only Lawson is nailed on...

Yes, all speculation but a lot to like if it comes to pass.

If the rumours are true, looks like the Eagles won't be spending on imports of variable quality but are willing to let some young British riders have a go.

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

Hopefully there will be some closer meetings at Arlington next season. It's become far too predictable in recent years.

and hopefully we won't see races so strung out in the PL. 

With many visiting riders not having ridden Eastbourne before..your bottom four may well exceed expectations expressed on here...For sure they will also improve as the season progresses.......

• Like 2

5 hours ago, waco said:

Am I reading too much into this, is it possible that Kennett is not in the frame.    Nick Morris would be a much better option even though he is riding in Poland on Sunday.    It never bothered Nicki Pedersen for 5 years.

Lawson, Morris and Kerr could be the best in the league and take the pressure of the bottom 4.

Would be great if it was Morris ?

Think a lot will come to money/loan fees etc, don't suppose Morris is a Lakeside asset?

30 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Think a lot will come to money/loan fees etc, don't suppose Morris is a Lakeside asset?

He is a Swindon asset. However, his Polish club Rzesznow has been refused a licence for 2019. If that is not resolved he could well become a option. Maybe that is why the remaining riders have yet to be named.