British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2019

Fingers crossed then. 

On 12/17/2018 at 9:51 AM, Hunters said:

So much for that.   If Zach was wrong so might be some others?

Just cannot see Ben Morley at No 4 or we will have problems.  He really has not improved much over the last four years and his average was arrived at by being reserve at Lakeside.  He scores big at NL but he did the same when we joined in 2015.

My one worry had been Eddie Kennett who had a bad year last year but comes in too high with the previous years average. Does not leave any room for improvement. 

With the pair of them the Eagles suddenly look a bit vulnerable. 

Of the 32 meetings Lakeside rode in 2018 including Championship, Championship Shield & KO Cup, Ben Morley rode at reserve in 15 of those matches ( 9 away & 6 at home ). Of those 6 at home 4 were at Lakeside, due to lack of meetings in June, July & August ( Thanks to Mr Godfrey )  & 2 at Rye House.

So for Hunters to say that Ben's average was arrived as being at reserve is incorrect, as he rode at No 2 for 17 matches. He started the season well acheiving scores of 4 at Peterborough, 8+1 at Berwick & 7+3 at Ipswich. He then suffered a fractured wrist at Redcar at the end of May when being taken out & hitting the 2nd bend safety fence. He then returned to the reserve berth for 11 fixtures in the aforementioned June, Juy & August scoring 5&1 at Scunthorpe, 6 at Sheffield, 5+1 at Ipswich & 4 at Newcastle. before moving up to No2 again for 8 meetings in September. Ben then went back down to reserve for the play-offs & Shield final in October  and as a result Ben achieved an average of 5.93 Inc bonus over the whole season.

Also it shows that winning the National League riders Championship makes Ben a good choice to be able to ride in Championship 2nd string position. By the way congratulations should be given to the Eastbourne management & promotion for selecting 7 British riders to represent them if the 3 remaining riders are those mentioned in previous threads.

• Like 3

Good luck to EASTBOURNE in 2019 after stepping up a league.

Fond memories of going to EASTBOURNE...leaving  Hyde road on the coach at 2300 hrs after an Aces match and getting to Brighton front at some unearthly time in the morning.... Kip on the beach and then breakfast when the front side cafes opened !!

I make it 6.74 left if Lawson and Nick Morris signed so Ludvig Lindgren, Kus, Stuart Robson or Luke Becker could be alternatives to Ben Morley.

Hasn't Stuart retired?

55 minutes ago, TonyE said:

Hasn't Stuart retired?

Correct.

3 hours ago, DC2 said:

I make it 6.74 left if Lawson and Nick Morris signed so Ludvig Lindgren, Kus, Stuart Robson or Luke Becker could be alternatives to Ben Morley.

The more you think about it the more confusing it becomes.

If it was Lawson, Kennett & Morley I can see no reason for not having already said so.

If it is Lawson, Morris & Morley then they would be approx. 1.6 points below limit?

If it is not Morley then Waco could have said so, the fact he did not rather indicates it is.

Lawson & Morley leaves over 10.4 for the 3rd heat leader.

Any more likely combinations?

One thing for sure is I am now hoping it is not Kennett as he is certainly too expensive (point wise)

13 hours ago, Hunters said:

The more you think about it the more confusing it becomes.

If it was Lawson, Kennett & Morley I can see no reason for not having already said so.

If it is Lawson, Morris & Morley then they would be approx. 1.6 points below limit?

If it is not Morley then Waco could have said so, the fact he did not rather indicates it is.

Lawson & Morley leaves over 10.4 for the 3rd heat leader.

Any more likely combinations?

One thing for sure is I am now hoping it is not Kennett as he is certainly too expensive (point wise)

I suspect it will be the Lawson, Kennett & Morley combo that was initially "supposedly" lined up. Obviously there have been a few delays with Eddies average then Morris potentially became available due to his Polish team being refused a licence, thats now been resolved so Morris is realistically off the table and it will be the Lakeside Eagles rather than the Lakeside Eagles......

• Haha 1

On Dec 6th they announced that the full 1 to 7 was secured and they would announce them in the run up to Xmas,

Well only 4 days left to meet that commitment.

Question:  If there are any debts remaining from Lakeside 2018 will Jon Cook be able to take up the role of co-promoter of the Eastbourne Eagles in 2019?

Well what ever the reason, something is delaying the announcement we are all speculating on,, and waiting to hear...?

Surely if Lakeside have unpaid debts outstanding they should be cleared/ paid back before John Cook promotes another speedway team. Makes a mockery to the people that are owed money. 

7 hours ago, ChaosTheory22 said:

Surely if Lakeside have unpaid debts outstanding they should be cleared/ paid back before John Cook promotes another speedway team. Makes a mockery to the people that are owed money. 

Nothing new though is it. I'd love to see the balance sheets of every track in britain. Speedway is a sport run on goodwill and credit.

Expected to be on at roughly 17:45.

Edited by eaglesno1