British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2019

14 hours ago, waco said:

Where has everyone gone there must be something interesting to talk about ?

Had beef instead of turkey this year, so nice to have a change to a piece of meat with taste :)

• Haha 2

Very interesting GAzzac ..I do not get any say in what we get to eat at Xmas,,anyone heard about the Eastbourne speedway team...

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Are I.T Foreman staying on? If not will Eastbourne be reverting to their more associated colour scheme? 

No, their will be a new headline sponsor for 2019 which the club have said should be announced soon. I reckon this means that a return to blue and yellow is highly likely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, eaglesno1 said:

No, their will be a new headline sponsor for 2019 which the club have said should be announced soon. I reckon this means that a return to blue and yellow is highly likely.

Fingers crossed the new sponsor isn't Caburys otherwise you will be backing 7 big purple ones next season.....:D

• Haha 2

On 12/31/2018 at 11:09 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

Fingers crossed the new sponsor isn't Caburys otherwise you will be backing 7 big purple ones next season.....:D

not for the first time , just not in the last four years.

• Haha 2

good top 3 with reserves  that are top NL & are quick at Arlington make you a top team.  (plus trick, technical  track)

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

good top 3 with reserves  that are top NL & are quick at Arlington make you a top team.  (plus trick, technical  track)

Please don't perpetuate the myth that Arlington is a trick track. It is not.

I will agree that it is technical but it is no more "trick" than any other.

Even Belle Vue is "trick" because it is the only one like it in the UK. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, eaglesno1 said:

https://www.eastbourneeagles.co/news-1/2019/1/3/tuesday-news-day

New club logo, new title sponsor and new community partnership to be revealed on Tuesday.

Given the website has been stripped of all colour i am expecting an end to the fluro green this season? Shame everything wasn't in place for Christmas as new merchandise is an easy sell, that said the persistent re branding is lining someones pockets nicely.

so it's the FINEPRINT EAGLES then.  sounds like a good amount of sponsorship with it . also love the new emblem  ,  mind you i belong back in the 70's as well.

Edited by gee jay

Glad to see Eastbourne have returned to their proper colours & landed a good sponsorship package along the way. Perhaps as part of the back to the future program the training track will finally be re-established also.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Glad to see Eastbourne have returned to their proper colours & landed a good sponsorship package along the way. Perhaps as part of the back to the future program the training track will finally be re-established also.

The training track would be a matter for the stadium owners.

Richard Lawson has signed for Ipswich. I assume Prem clubs get priority over Championship?

19 minutes ago, mmmmethanol said:

Richard Lawson has signed for Ipswich. I assume Prem clubs get priority over Championship?

They don't race on the same nights.