British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2019

13 minutes ago, foamfence said:

They don't race on the same nights.

Away fixtures?

2 minutes ago, mmmmethanol said:

Away fixtures?

Premiership fixtures are on Monday and Thursday, Championship fixtures are on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

So a new major sponsor comes on board and the press release has the disclaimer, 2 months before the seasons due to start that the team running in the second tier is still subject to approval! Must have big names flocking to have their brands represented with such an organised governing body!! Should be shocked but it is the BSPA we’re dealing with! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJC said:

So a new major sponsor comes on board and the press release has the disclaimer, 2 months before the seasons due to start that the team running in the second tier is still subject to approval! Must have big names flocking to have their brands represented with such an organised governing body!! Should be shocked but it is the BSPA we’re dealing with! 

What would they think if the club weren't conforming to the correct conditions.

4 hours ago, DJC said:

The press release didn't have the disclaimer - look at the club website

The disclaimer was inserted and only published by the BSPA.

Usually, these processes take place quietly in the background but this season the BSPA – through its Press Office – seems keen to have a pop at both Eastbourne and Birmingham by continually posting this statement on their website.

How they think it is helpful to the establishment of a new business in a higher league, god only knows.

No doubt the Press Office have been told what to do but they should grow some and tell the bigwigs (being polite) to forget it.

• Like 4

Not only do any news items on the BSPA website have the disclaimer but it is not possible to get to the club website as Eastbourne and Birmingham don't exist according to the list of teams in the league. If I was of a suspicious nature I would be thinking that someone wanted to sabotage their entries and if I was in charge at either club I would tell the BSPA that either the links are restored or I would be moving back to the National League which might ruffle a few feathers that need ruffling big time. 

The fact that both teams who moved from Championship to Premiership appeared immediately makes you wonder how they got accepted so quickly! Does the BSPA want to make Speedway grow or are they determined to ruin the sport? 

Edited by Chris116
Spelling!
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chris116 said:

Not only do any news items on the BSPA website have the disclaimer but it is not possible to get to the club website as Eastbourne and Birmingham don't exist according to the list of teams in the league. If I was of a suspicious nature I would be thinking that someone wanted to sabotage their entries and if I was in charge at either club I would tell the BSPA that either the links are restored or I would be moving back to the National League which might ruffle a few feathers that need ruffling big time. 

The fact that both teams who moved from Championship to Premiership appeared immediately makes you wonder how they got accepted so quickly! Does the BSPA want to make Speedway grow or are they determined to ruin the sport? 

If, as R & R suggests and I would agree, the matter that needs to be resolved for both new clubs is the increase in the Bond that each club has to lodge with the BSPA, if they haven't then I don't see how the BSPA can take any blame at all. You join something, you know the rules, you conform to the rules and you get accepted into the league. Not that hard to do is it ?

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

If, as R & R suggests and I would agree, the matter that needs to be resolved for both new clubs is the increase in the Bond that each club has to lodge with the BSPA, if they haven't then I don't see how the BSPA can take any blame at all. You join something, you know the rules, you conform to the rules and you get accepted into the league. Not that hard to do is it ?

Shouldn't be too hard to set up a new company either ? Here we are on 11th January 2019 and the new limited company announced by the BSPA on the 14th November 2018, The British Speedway Promoters Association Limited, to take effect from 1st December 2018,  doesn't show as registered at Companies House. I trust that has nothing to do with the delay, e.g. we'd like to take the cheque / bond/ guarantee but we don't have a legal entity to accept it yet.

All admin in speedway is a bit suspicious, we're still waiting for the results of the 'full investigation' by the SCB of the cancellation of Eastbourne v Mildenhall fixture on 26 October last year.

p.s. I had to search for the R&R reference......it's in the Birmingham thread.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, woofers said:

Shouldn't be too hard to set up a new company either ? Here we are on 11th January 2019 and the new limited company announced by the BSPA on the 14th November 2018, The British Speedway Promoters Association Limited, to take effect from 1st December 2018,  doesn't show as registered at Companies House. I trust that has nothing to do with the delay, e.g. we'd like to take the cheque / bond/ guarantee but we don't have a legal entity to accept it yet.

All very Kenny Everett aka Cupid Stunt "in the best possible interests of the sport".

With regards to the disclaimer, this was Ian Jordan's (Eastbourne's new co-promoter) reply to somebody questioning it on Facebook:

"The BSPA have strict entry forms and procedures which have to be completed to their timescales and they include interviews and also Fixture planning and Bond payments. This is an ongoing process that ourselves and Birmingham are going through at the moment and once all is completed ratification will be confirmed. We have to work to the prescribed agenda though and thats what both the new Clubs are currently in the process of doing."

Edited by eaglesno1

Thanks No1, that's good to hear. I'm not signed up to Facebook or Twitter (and have no intention of doing so), it's a shame that those two external sites seem to be the main source of communication rather than the clubs own website. Hopefully that will change when the site gets a much needed overhaul.

2 hours ago, woofers said:

Thanks No1, that's good to hear. I'm not signed up to Facebook or Twitter (and have no intention of doing so), it's a shame that those two external sites seem to be the main source of communication rather than the clubs own website. Hopefully that will change when the site gets a much needed overhaul.

I think the website is a good source of information and is getting updated fairly regularly. Ian Jordan is doing a fantastic job on social media keeping the fans informed and making it feel like we have a direct line to the management at Eastbourne. Social media and the website are separate items though, he can interact  on social media in a way you can't on a website.

Edited by M.D
  • Like 1

Can someone confirm if I have got the averages for Eastbourne 2019 right? Thanks...

1    Richard Lawson        8.80
2    Alfie Bowtell              2.32
3    Lewis Kerr                 7.13
4    Ben Morley                4.80
5    Edward Kennett        8.16
6    Georgie Wood           2.14
7    Tom Brennan            2.00
      Total: 35.35
        Left: 2.65?

1 hour ago, Dandelion said:

Can someone confirm if I have got the averages for Eastbourne 2019 right? Thanks...

1    Richard Lawson        8.80
2    Alfie Bowtell              2.32
3    Lewis Kerr                 7.13
4    Ben Morley                4.80
5    Edward Kennett        8.16
6    Georgie Wood           2.14
7    Tom Brennan            2.00
      Total: 35.35
        Left: 2.65?

I believe Kennett is 9.58 ? 6.39 x 1.5 as the Rye House averages from last year were scrapped.

52 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I believe Kennett is 9.58 ? 6.39 x 1.5 as the Rye House averages from last year were scrapped.

Then the 9.58 is multiplied for the Brit reduction by 0.975 so gives 9.34.

• Thanks 1