British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2019

I see that Season Tickets are being introduced again this year. I was initially sceptical of this given the way last year ended with the non running of the final fixture, (and still waiting for the results of the ‘full investigation’ by the SCB) however having sat down and crunched some numbers it does look like a decent deal compared to previous years, where I think the saving amounted to roughly the price of one admission.

This year the season ticket is priced at £199 and includes a programme. This is for 13 events, (10 League, 2 Shield and 1 KOC fixture) which at full price with a programme would be £247, (£19x13). So that’s a saving of £48, or 2.5 meetings. So it makes financial sense if you can do 11 meetings or more.

The equivalent numbers for concession rates with a programme are season ticket £173, full price £221, also saving £48, or 2.8 meetings.

Worth considering, I used to buy one in the Elite days, it was also nice to have a dedicated entrance, no queuing !

Very competitive, hard to compare with my Team (Brummies) as we have Tickets for 15 meetings.

Guess at Perry Barr I'm expected to decide to pay for Challenge Fixtures or hope we progress in Cup / Shield / Play Off. 

Free Programme at Arlington a very nice touch also for ST Holders.

£16 Adult and £14 concession at Arlington is lowest I can see in CL (few others at £16 - Brummies £16.50).

My wife will want to come to Arlington (doh) women 60-65 OAP Concession (massive BRAVO to whoever decided that!). 

• Like 1

Clearly it is someone who understands the supporters and are in touch with people

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 11:32 AM, HGould said:

There is a bit says you are making a new signing on Friday. Already got 1-7??? any idea who it might be?

Don't get to hopeful  it will not be a rider.  Probably another sponsor  or a new announcer  Coombes ?? 

31 minutes ago, Hunters said:

Don't get to hopeful  it will not be a rider.  Probably another sponsor  or a new announcer  Coombes ?? 

Spot on. Well done.

31 minutes ago, Hunters said:

Hopefully Kev Coombes, made so much difference to the atmosphere when we were in the Elite league. 

2 hours ago, gazzac said:

Hopefully Kev Coombes, made so much difference to the atmosphere when we were in the Elite league.

Oh yes !

4 hours ago, Hunters said:

you should have had a few quid on those two , would have paid for your season ticket ?

2 hours ago, stevec said:

Great News,

Cant wait to hear him utter those words "Welcome to a sunkissed Arlington"

Even when it was raining! Can't wait, memories of the early days of the Elite.

When you look at the goings on at other clubs ( Berge at Somerset, Workington pulling out etc) it makes the current situation at Eastie seem even more  admirable. An all British team certainty capable of the payoffs, management/promoters doing their utmost  in obtaining secure sponsorship and backing, and making appointments that the fans want such as Kevin Coombes. Happy days for Eastie fans at the moment.

• Like 2

Yes great to hear, I think your club will be a breath of fresh air for the championship,  no doubt unbeatable at home and using a tac sub at most away tracks which will get you a point here and there.

Hopefully my Club Birmingham will be a breath of fresh air too and if we could see likes of Kent; Plymouth and Mildenhall try to venture up too in next few years and no one else lave it could be a cracking League.

Mighty impressed by what's happening at Eastbourne though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1