British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2019

9 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

I suppose in len's defence, he did have staging costs and medical cover to pay for. I don't see how Reading can meet that outlay, unless they have some decent sponsors.

In his defence he did. Its still a requirement to run under full racing regulations and therefore have a paramedic, scb referee etc on top of the cost of track hire hence making them treble headers although the crowds would have been improved if it was free entry. Given the number of development league riders that have featured in the Kent side over the past few years i would have thought it should be viewed and preparation for the future.

Big Al was a legend at Hull too, 1995-1998, many times he team-rode home 2nd strings & reserves....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

In his defence he did. Its still a requirement to run under full racing regulations and therefore have a paramedic, scb referee etc on top of the cost of track hire hence making them treble headers although the crowds would have been improved if it was free entry. Given the number of development league riders that have featured in the Kent side over the past few years i would have thought it should be viewed and preparation for the future.

Plus Ambulance.

• Like 1

I think Reading's matches will be on Sundays alongside the planned training/practice days the new stadium owners (not Eastbourne Speedway) are planning to run. Perhaps that helps with the costs.

Eastbourne online merchandise shop opens at 10am on March 1. If it is anything like the rest of their new website it will be a cracker.

The new era Eagles getting it right in so many ways. 

Can’t wait for the racing to start.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Eastbourne online merchandise shop opens at 10am on March 1. If it is anything like the rest of their new website it will be a cracker.

hope they accept paypal   

On 2/28/2019 at 11:22 AM, Richard Weston said:

Whoops .......put the curse on that one!

On 2/21/2019 at 1:38 PM, cityrebel said:

I find it hard to see how Reading running stand alone meetings at Arlington are going to pay their way. Apart from friends and family, who is going to turn up. Kent's attempts to run two SDL meetings at Iwade last year, resulted in poor crowds. The public just wont pay to watch this level of racing.

There is no reliance on or expectancy of paying spectators. We run on sponsorship and fundraising.  However this season will stretch us to the limit. Unfortunately this is the only way Eastbourne would allow us to continue using Arlington.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, skydog said:

There is no reliance on or expectancy of paying spectators. We run on sponsorship and fundraising.  However this season will stretch us to the limit. Unfortunately this is the only way Eastbourne would allow us to continue using Arlington.

Good luck with your efforts.

• Like 1

Another impressive effort from The Eagles.

https://www.eastbourne-speedway.com/merchandise/

Reading through it seems these are the guys who supply BRDC at Silverstone who own the Track and F1 License; and Corporate gear for some massive Blue-Chip Global and National Companies; and the Company Boss is an ex F3 driver.

Company based in Tamworth, somebody at Eastbourne is doing some serious homework and making great contacts, this Company is on the doorstep of my Club the Brummies and also Wolves and Leicester, why aren't we in there getting deals done.??

2 hours ago, HGould said:

Another impressive effort from The Eagles.

https://www.eastbourne-speedway.com/merchandise/

Reading through it seems these are the guys who supply BRDC at Silverstone who own the Track and F1 License; and Corporate gear for some massive Blue-Chip Global and National Companies; and the Company Boss is an ex F3 driver.

Company based in Tamworth, somebody at Eastbourne is doing some serious homework and making great contacts, this Company is on the doorstep of my Club the Brummies and also Wolves and Leicester, why aren't we in there getting deals done.??

I think they may have a shock to what the average speedway fan will buy & is willing to pay, time will tell!.............

Personally I've never bought speedway clothing. Attending the sport is something I'd rather not advertise!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ghosty said:

I think they may have a shock to what the average speedway fan will buy & is willing to pay, time will tell!.............

Quality will win out. These prices seem to be fair when compared with the high street and other sports clubs.

Go to F1 if you want to see eye-watering prices.

And, yes I have a Hamilton t-shirt. Ouch - at least it was a present.

• Like 1