British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2019

12 hours ago, Ghosty said:

I think they may have a shock to what the average speedway fan will buy & is willing to pay, time will tell!.............

It's an interesting point you make; as years ago speedway fans would rush to wear anything with club logo's on it. It's a brave and innovative move, prices look about right compared with other clubs merchandise. As with many things Glasgow set the bar high with their website and online merchandise and this new Eagles gear looks competitively priced and more lines than Glasgow currently, so as you sat time will tell. 

I think the prices are pretty fair as you can buy direct and add a logo for marginally more however the main issue is that the merchandise all looks a little dull. this could be a factor because the I.T forman colour scheme and branding was bold and stand out whereas this just presents a blue polo shirt, cap, coat etc with small retro (dated) logo upon it. Whilst im certain the quality is good i fear this takes Eastbourne from leading the way to back to the run of the mill.

I see that Reading are now running their 'home' meetings at Swindon. It makes far more sense financially and geographically.

The Eagles have added to their asset base with Daniel and Ethan Spiller

54 minutes ago, M.D said:

Great news, again applaud the club on the direction they want to go in signing young riders like the Spillers, keep the conveyor belt of young talent going :t:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M.D said:

Great news indeed.

Would also love to see Charlie Brooks & Jason Edwards in eagles colours in the future.

3 minutes ago, mmmmethanol said:

Great news indeed.

Would also love to see Charlie Brooks & Jason Edwards in eagles colours in the future.

Sure Jason will be a 2 point reserve next season if all goes well this year, be interesting to see if Charlie can make the step up in the nl this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mmmmethanol said:

Great news indeed.

I would think that's a given..

Like the way Eastbourne are going about things.Also nice there is such a Lakeside look about the team.Will try to get to a few meetings.

Interestingly I read my speedway star yesterday and saw that a rule change in Championship is that Team Average allowance will increase to 40 points from 30th June, then i read about Spillers, Daniel in particular; made it in to several U23 European Rounds last season. What would his CL average be 5 points??. Could I suspect come in for one of the bottom 4 on average and make a big impact? 

• Like 1

From a neutral (Redcar) supporter, Lewis Kerr looked very good at Ben Barker's testimonial meeting yesterday.  Hope he has an injury free season. Certainly deserves one.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Boothers said:

From a neutral (Redcar) supporter, Lewis Kerr looked very good at Ben Barker's testimonial meeting yesterday.  Hope he has an injury free season. Certainly deserves one.

I think everyone in Speedway whoever they support will wish Lewis a great season at both Kings Lynn and Eastbourne, the epitomy of a fighter and a really nice bloke to boot.

1 hour ago, HGould said:

I think everyone in Speedway whoever they support will wish Lewis a great season at both Kings Lynn and Eastbourne, the epitomy of a fighter and a really nice bloke to boot.

Totally agree and a very fair comment from a Brummie

• Thanks 1

Just seen a cracking race on Facebook from the Sheffield meeting yesterday between Lewi Kerr and Danny King. Great battle between the two which Lewi just edged.

Edited by Richard Weston
  • Like 1

very good heat . as they say , that was worth the entrance fee alone . track looks better than the normal ploughed field . never seen  a bad meeting at sheff any time i have been there . 

• Confused 1