British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2019

53 minutes ago, Hunters said:

I thought we were going to have matching team suits this year as we usually have but there was no evidence of that in the team photo or at P&P on Tuesday.

Hope we have them tonight or it will be a backward step in my view.

They announced at the very beginning that we would have race jackets rather than team suits.

nothing wrong with race jackets ,  marra .  :t:

7 hours ago, eaglesno1 said:

They announced at the very beginning that we would have race jackets rather than team suits.

Correct. Racesuits cost a bomb as Len Silver revealed when justifying price increase at Kent. #kempgate Jackets much more affordable when you are running to a budget.

Anyway, I think the varied colours of the individual riders make it easier to spot who is who.

Some great racing at Arlington last night but boy was it cold. LOoked to be a very big crowd based on my NL visits there with Brummies in recent years and the atmosphere was very good. I don't know who the Meeting Presenter was but h was excellent. Eagles Heat Leaders look very strong, Brennan went well. Zak rode best of the Brummies and Paco showed some excellent touches, we packed the places but lack of heat leader strength was crucial.

One nice touch I thought was Eagles Management walking down long queue outside to apologise for delays getting in and explaining that it was because a number of their staff were at Football semi final, they needn't have done that, most clubs wouldn't but little things like that matter and a few home fans in the queue explained how positive things are with the new Promotion and Management.   

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Some great racing at Arlington last night but boy was it cold. LOoked to be a very big crowd based on my NL visits there with Brummies in recent years and the atmosphere was very good. I don't know who the Meeting Presenter was but h was excellent. Eagles Heat Leaders look very strong, Brennan went well. Zak rode best of the Brummies and Paco showed some excellent touches, we packed the places but lack of heat leader strength was crucial.

One nice touch I thought was Eagles Management walking down long queue outside to apologise for delays getting in and explaining that it was because a number of their staff were at Football semi final, they needn't have done that, most clubs wouldn't but little things like that matter and a few home fans in the queue explained how positive things are with the new Promotion and Management.   

I noticed the management out there when the queue got long. That's the way to do it.

Will be nice when things settle down for the management to walk round the stadium and mingle with fans during a meeting.

The guy who ran Swindon a few years back used to do that -- sadly, I cannot recall his name right now -- and people appreciated it. I even remember him doing it at Arlington and talking to the home fans as well as mixing with the Robins fans.

All went well last night at Arlington. Good atmosphere is generated when you get a crowd like that.

For H. Gould the meeting presenter was Kevin Coombes -- he's been missing the last few years but was the man on the Mic for many a long day at Arlington. Knows his speedway. He also does the British GP at Cardiff, or did when I last went.

All in all, I thought it was a good advert for British Speedway, especially as the races came quickly in batches. It does keep the interest going.

So, well done to the #neweraEagles.

Long may it continue and grow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

I noticed the management out there when the queue got long. That's the way to do it.

Will be nice when things settle down for the management to walk round the stadium and mingle with fans during a meeting.

The guy who ran Swindon a few years back used to do that -- sadly, I cannot recall his name right now -- and people appreciated it. I even remember him doing it at Arlington and talking to the home fans as well as mixing with the Robins fans.

All went well last night at Arlington. Good atmosphere is generated when you get a crowd like that.

For H. Gould the meeting presenter was Kevin Coombes -- he's been missing the last few years but was the man on the Mic for many a long day at Arlington. Knows his speedway. He also does the British GP at Cardiff, or did when I last went.

All in all, I thought it was a good advert for British Speedway, especially as the races came quickly in batches. It does keep the interest going.

Disregarding the good racing, Kev Coombes was worth the extra £3 admission over last season alone. Think we can only build on this, Wood Morley and Bowtell will improve, next Sat against Somerset will be a sturner test, although think we'll get more point's at reserve.

1 hour ago, tyretrax said:

Charles Ochiltree used to mingle with the fans on the way out at Coventry.

Charles appears to be the benchmark for running successful speedway. A few more of that ilk would not go amiss.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Peter Toogood ?

43 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Peter Toogood ?

That is the man. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

Great result for Jason Edwards at the IOW. Hopefully one for the future.

4 hours ago, mmmmethanol said:

Good for Georgie too and, of course, Ben was leading when he fell

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mmmmethanol said:

Nailed on 2 pointer for next season I imagine (and hope).

I'm unashamedly going to plug Jon Cooks' excellent interview on the Eagles website.

Hoping for some more competitive encounters like the Leicester meeting.

A buzz about the place this season & hats off to all those making it happen.

1 hour ago, mmmmethanol said:

I'm unashamedly going to plug Jon Cooks' excellent interview on the Eagles website.

Hoping for some more competitive encounters like the Leicester meeting.

A buzz about the place this season & hats off to all those making it happen.

Its good to see Cookie and the club so upbeat again, its like a phoenix rising from the ashes...

• Like 1