British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2019

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 4:43 PM, gazzac said:

Nailed on 2 pointer for next season I imagine (and hope).

Earlier than that I suspect.  Tom Brennan has been put in the World U21 Semi in Poland on May 25th. If my understanding is right Tom wíll still be on 2.0 so we will only be able to bring in a 2.0 guest against Berwick that night.   Big chance for Jason?

15 hours ago, M.D said:

Its good to see Cookie and the club so upbeat again, its like a phoenix rising from the ashes...

Watched that interview and what a contrast with my Club Birmingham, we did after all both come up from NL, and from my NL days I think similar crowds around 600 - 700.

Our crowds have gone down I feel, Eastbourne's based on Cooks comments have near doubled - why?? how?? and what has transformed one Club not the other??

Everything Eastbourne have done since Cook and Jordan took over is upbeat, positive and backed by some commercial flair it seems.

They have "had a go"

Everything Birmingham have done seems to be half hearted, half baked and "make do". We definitely miss Lee Kilby not being full time on our Commercial side.

"we are stagnating"

You tend to get out of anything what you put in and fair play to Eastbourne, I can only hope that the Masons find someone to do the Commercial side at Birmingham in a similar style to Eastbourne, a bit of effort goes a long way

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hunters said:

Earlier than that I suspect.  Tom Brennan has been put in the World U21 Semi in Poland on May 25th. If my understanding is right Tom wíll still be on 2.0 so we will only be able to bring in a 2.0 guest against Berwick that night.   Big chance for Jason?

Exactly what I thought yesterday, assume the next average changes are 31st May/1st June? Should be no pressure on him really, be great to see him at this level, assume Tom will be at Glasgow on Friday, or will he be on his way to Poland, and we'll have to have another 2 point reserve, Jason or a n other.

Edited by gazzac

34 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Exactly what I thought yesterday, assume the next average changes are 31st May/1st June? Should be no pressure on him really, be great to see him at this level, assume Tom will be at Glasgow on Friday, or will he be on his way to Poland, and we'll have to have another 2 point reserve, Jason or a n other.

May be a set number of home and away matches so not clear cut??? He may be number 4 or 5 in your averages by next weekend if you reach average cut off on matches.

36 minutes ago, HGould said:

May be a set number of home and away matches so not clear cut??? He may be number 4 or 5 in your averages by next weekend if you reach average cut off on matches.

I wasn't sure, reckon if he's in the main body of the team by then, probably do r/r, certainly at home as Alfie will be at reserve, especially if Tom's above Ben in the averages, would mean all apart from the top 2 would be able to take his rides, even if he's 5th, would still mean Ben and the reserves would, so not too detrimental for the meeting at home, maybe a guest away would be better.

Edited by gazzac

54 minutes ago, HGould said:

His average will change (without waiting for a cut-off date) immediately he has completed four home/four away official (League and Shield only -- not KO Cup) matches.    Might be a wee while yet?

13 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

His average will change (without waiting for a cut-off date) immediately he has completed four home/four away official (League and Shield only -- not KO Cup) matches.    Might be a wee while yet?

Thanks for clarifying that'll help me work out brummies team LOL..in case of Brennen I think that means after he rides at Glasgow away and home to them he will have done his 4 / 4 stint and will move in to the Team. 

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Thanks for clarifying that'll help me work out brummies team LOL..in case of Brennen I think that means after he rides at Glasgow away and home to them he will have done his 4 / 4 stint and will move in to the Team. 

Probably  won't do either, definately not the home one as he's in Poland!

7 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Probably  won't do either, definately not the home one as he's in Poland!

He is in Poland on 25th with the others in U21 Semi Finals that night as 3 different meetings across Europe. If he rides at Glasgow tomorrow and Eastbourne Saturday he gets his 4/4 to get proper average and on current numbers would be 4th highest average on 25th May when he could be replaced by a Guest or RR. 

1 hour ago, HGould said:

He is in Poland on 25th with the others in U21 Semi Finals that night as 3 different meetings across Europe. If he rides at Glasgow tomorrow and Eastbourne Saturday he gets his 4/4 to get proper average and on current numbers would be 4th highest average on 25th May when he could be replaced by a Guest or RR. 

:oops: sorry getting my weekends and matches mixed up, I'll go and lie down now!

Edited by gazzac
  • Haha 1

I am sorry but I feel Alfie is not performing for the role of a number 3 I think Lewi should be number 3 

2 minutes ago, number6 said:

I am sorry but I feel Alfie is not performing for the role of a number 3 I think Lewi should be number 3 

On an average of 2.54 he's been thrown to the wolves in the middle order and on a hiding to nothing. You can't expect an average reserve to perform as anything else regardless of what number you put on his back. He may get a shot at reserve later in the year but its going to be a hard season for him.

9 minutes ago, number6 said:

2 minutes ago, MD said:

On an average of 2.54 he's been thrown to the wolves in the middle order and on a hiding to nothing. You can't expect an average reserve to perform as anything else regardless of what number you put on his back. He may get a shot at reserve later in the year but its going to be a hard season for him.

Bowtell will move to reserve after tomorrow's meeting so should be easier for him after that. Tom will move into the main body where it will be tough for him but should find it easier to score points than Alfie has.

Alfie was worth more than what he scored tonight his tussle with sarj was great to watch quick out the gate and a few mistakes caused him points 

Edited by mac101

seen Bowtell a few times this season, fast starter and I think a very good propsect.

Missing an NL berth to give him confidence like and will thrive at reserve I think.

If Eastie could find a replacement for Morley would be very potent away not just at home.

I understand why he rides 3 and gets Kerr in to Heat 14.

• Like 1