British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2019

I feel sorry for alfie. The hyperbole from the early season fans has vanished.

Theyve used way too many points on kennetts average and thats the main stumbling block, you end up with 4 reserves and still under the points limit.

The side would have more balance with brennan in main body , morley was a dreadful signing pre season average wise .

The promotion have been telling everybody crowds are up so can afford to make a change if needed

1 hour ago, ruckerroo said:

Theyve used way too many points on kennetts average and thats the main stumbling block, you end up with 4 reserves and still under the points limit.

The side would have more balance with brennan in main body , morley was a dreadful signing pre season average wise .

The promotion have been telling everybody crowds are up so can afford to make a change if needed

Spot on unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, ruckerroo said:

So who would you put in. You've built a team to do well at Eastbourne to bring in the crowds and stabilise the club and it seems to be working. If you were losing at home on a regular basis then yes try to change but as I've said before who do you bring in. Your boys were up against a good team that picked former Tigers as guests and who didn't let us down. Read the Glasgow v eagles thread even the ref thought it was a good match. So go along tonight support your team and I'm sure you'll get a good victory 

Kennett won't be on a 10 point average all season, it will gradually reduce due to being inconsistent away from home.

6 minutes ago, MD said:

Kennett won't be on a 10 point average all season, it will gradually reduce due to being inconsistent away from home.

Couldnt believe Kennet's average when I saw it in last night's programme .when was he ever a 10.5 rider? Young Brennon is a major prospect , Bowtell is on a hiding to nothing riding at 3 , while Morley is just rubbish . The long tail won't bring the Eagles many away points , but they'll be solid enough at home . If we could somehow get a point there tonight  I'd be delighted . Is it the same team management duo tonight for Eastbourne by any chance ? 

38 minutes ago, MD said:

Doesn’t matter - you still won’t have any wriggle room for changes unless they are like for like I would imagine.

1 hour ago, Paulco said:

Couldnt believe Kennet's average when I saw it in last night's programme .when was he ever a 10.5 rider? Young Brennon is a major prospect , Bowtell is on a hiding to nothing riding at 3 , while Morley is just rubbish . The long tail won't bring the Eagles many away points , but they'll be solid enough at home . If we could somehow get a point there tonight  I'd be delighted . Is it the same team management duo tonight for Eastbourne by any chance ? 

He wasn't. It is his converted average based upon his starting figure for Rye House in 2018.

10 hours ago, number6 said:

I am sorry but I feel Alfie is not performing for the role of a number 3 I think Lewi should be number 3 

The reason is that it gives Eastbourne a strong hitter in heat 14.

Wilson dean would have fitted for morley prior to any 4h 4a by all accounts, him at 3, brennan 2 and bowtell at 7 and that one change makes Eastbourne a different side.

Bowtells doing really well considering he is the lamb on a spit.

Look at the 4 riders, scott nicholls, schlein, bomber and kennett and tell me who has the highest starting average but is the worst of the 4 .

Dress it up however you want but that's the reason eastie have 4 reserves in the side .

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

Wilson dean would have fitted for morley prior to any 4h 4a by all accounts, him at 3, brennan 2 and bowtell at 7 and that one change makes Eastbourne a different side.

Bowtells doing really well considering he is the lamb on a spit.

Look at the 4 riders, scott nicholls, schlein, bomber and kennett and tell me who has the highest starting average but is the worst of the 4 .

Dress it up however you want but that's the reason eastie have 4 reserves in the side .

Bradley Wilson Dean would come in on his converted PL average of 7.91 effective 1st May.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2019 at 10:46 AM, NeilWatson said:

Bradley Wilson Dean would come in on his converted PL average of 7.91 effective 1st May.

Birmingham enquired about BW-D told quite firmly he is focusing on Poland and would not be able to ride Saturday or Sunday in UK .

The Eastbourne Fineprint Eagles have signed Kyle Newman in time for Saturday’s showdown with the Berwick Bandits (subject to BSPA approval).

Kyle will join the team as an injury replacement for Tom Brennan, who suffered a broken leg on Saturday.

A full update on Tom’s condition will follow later in the week.

Naturally, everyone at the club wishes Tom all the very best.

Co-promoter Trevor Geer said: “Make no mistake, losing Tom is a huge blow to the club and rider and the only consolation is that his amazing start to the season allows us to introduce a rider of Kyle’s quality. 

“He [Kyle] has proved he knows the fastest way around Arlington and his experience will be crucial as we seek to rebuild our confidence and season.”

Team news for the Championship League match at Somerset tomorrow (Wednesday, May 22) will be issued later today. 

The club will need to secure a two-point guest to replace Tom as the new averages come do not come into to force until after this match. 

23 minutes ago, woofers said:

The Eastbourne Fineprint Eagles have signed Kyle Newman in time for Saturday’s showdown with the Berwick Bandits (subject to BSPA approval).

Kyle will join the team as an injury replacement for Tom Brennan, who suffered a broken leg on Saturday.

A full update on Tom’s condition will follow later in the week.

Naturally, everyone at the club wishes Tom all the very best.

Co-promoter Trevor Geer said: “Make no mistake, losing Tom is a huge blow to the club and rider and the only consolation is that his amazing start to the season allows us to introduce a rider of Kyle’s quality. 

“He [Kyle] has proved he knows the fastest way around Arlington and his experience will be crucial as we seek to rebuild our confidence and season.”

Team news for the Championship League match at Somerset tomorrow (Wednesday, May 22) will be issued later today. 

The club will need to secure a two-point guest to replace Tom as the new averages come do not come into to force until after this match. 

wish Kyle well a nice lad.

he started desperately slowly for us and looked race rusty.

had a couple of decent meetings v Somerset at home (paid 9) including a stunning overtake of Schlein and not many doing that in CL and then did OK  conveniently enough at Arlington with 8 points in our KOC drubbing on Good Friday.

I thought he had turned a corner but then 2 poor meetings 2 thrashings at Sheffield and home to Eastbourne.

He was expected to do Heat Leader job for us but with 3 proper Heat Leaders at Eagles may take pressure off him a bit.