British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2019

Awful news about Tom, I wish him well like we all do, a fantastic prospect for British speedway..

With regards to Eastbourne, Georgie Wood with a full 15 pointer for the IOW tonight and Ben Morley with a paid 15 pointer will give them both a confidence boost to take forward..

• Like 1

Such sad news for a talented young rider who was starting to get noticed , very best wishes to Tom for a speedy recovery

• Like 2

Terrible situation and thoughts with Tom and his family

I was mightly impressed with him on the odd occaision I have seen him race and was one of just a few I make the effort to keep an eye out for re scores and progress

Fingers crossed for a full and speedy recovery

Really interesting interview with Ian Jordan on the Eastbourne website

• Like 1

30 points from 3 riders last night 

10 from the other 4 

in fairness Bowtell ended with a convincing win - is he not riding enough to get the first 3 races correct? Wood I don’t understand how he scores nl max nl max, best meeting to date at Eastbourne then 1 point. & Morley well Morley I’m afraid to say I think has had his day goodish home rider but not great away. Feel sorry for Newman just can’t get a break at the moment. Changes must be imminent when the points go up to 40 as I can’t see the top 4s increasing much with the bottom 3 all sitting around a 2.5 mark being under the limit for a shake up but who? 

5 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

30 points from 3 riders last night 

10 from the other 4 

in fairness Bowtell ended with a convincing win - is he not riding enough to get the first 3 races correct? Wood I don’t understand how he scores nl max nl max, best meeting to date at Eastbourne then 1 point. & Morley well Morley I’m afraid to say I think has had his day goodish home rider but not great away. Feel sorry for Newman just can’t get a break at the moment. Changes must be imminent when the points go up to 40 as I can’t see the top 4s increasing much with the bottom 3 all sitting around a 2.5 mark being under the limit for a shake up but who? 

Not sure I really understand the increased points limit and how it will help us. Just looking at the green sheets on BSPA, out June 1st Averages will add up to 39.32 which leaves nothing to play with. Am I right? Strangely, despite Brum recently strengthening their team, their averages add up to 35.37 so they will be able to strengthen even more? Imagine them being able to drop a 5 pointer for a 10 pointer!

Please someone feel free to tell me I have misunderstood.

4 hours ago, cityrebel said:

On the plus side, another home meeting against Leicester to look forward to.

Yes, a big plus: Excellent for the box office.

I can see Eastbourne winding that one up big time.

5 hours ago, cityrebel said:

On the plus side, another home meeting against Leicester to look forward to.

Dunno if you meant that tongue in cheek? Should be a belter. Presumably (hopefully) Lions won't have such a good guest as Josh Pickering was & neither will Ellis Perks & his sportsmanship be at reserve...

3 hours ago, mmmmethanol said:

Dunno if you meant that tongue in cheek? Should be a belter. Presumably (hopefully) Lions won't have such a good guest as Josh Pickering was & neither will Ellis Perks & his sportsmanship be at reserve...

Not at all, as an Arlington regular, I'm looking forward to it.

Speaking as an defunct Hammer, I think Ben Morley needs to stop riding in the NL and start pushing himself against consistently better opposition otherwise he will never better the level he is at which is a level he has been at now for two seasons, Alfie though does need to ride NL as he is still very much learning his trade.

I had high hopes for Kyle Newman last season and was convinced he would be Hammers fourth heat leader but for whatever reason it didn't happen, I don't think he will be a second division heat leader now, I think he had reached his limit, can be very good on any given day but really he is a 2nd division solid second string/ 1st division reserve.

30 minutes ago, marko said:

Speaking as an defunct Hammer, I think Ben Morley needs to stop riding in the NL and start pushing himself against consistently better opposition otherwise he will never better the level he is at which is a level he has been at now for two seasons, Alfie though does need to ride NL as he is still very much learning his trade.

I had high hopes for Kyle Newman last season and was convinced he would be Hammers fourth heat leader but for whatever reason it didn't happen, I don't think he will be a second division heat leader now, I think he had reached his limit, can be very good on any given day but really he is a 2nd division solid second string/ 1st division reserve.

Agree re Kyle and ultimately disappointed he did not deliver for Brummies when with us. That though was him in a struggling side and being asked to do Heat Leader job.

May be once he gets race fit he can do better for Eastie sat as a second string behind Lawson, Kennett and Kerr.

He's a good lad and deserves to get on.

• Like 3