British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2019

15 hours ago, Hunters said:

Another great initiative by the Eagles management.

All members of the armed forces admitted for the Leicester Match free as their contribution to Armed Forces Day on Saturday.

The way they have approached things this season they deserve success so lets lay off the Cook baiting please.

Another tremendous gesture by the Eastbourne promotion, leading the way once again. However Jon Cook is still scum in my view. 

• Sad 1

See Eastbourne are saying their season tickets will be valid for the quarter-final of the KO Cup (sold on the basis on only one cup match, which was Birmingham). A new day and something new from the Eagles -- they put out more news in a week than some clubs do in a month.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Another tremendous gesture by the Eastbourne promotion, leading the way once again. However Jon Cook is still scum in my view. 

Eastbourne Promotion in 2019 has been excellent, Cook is a part of that and he's not my favourite by any means but I get impression the Business and Marketing driving force is Jordan.

In fairness to Jon Cook, at the Opening Meeting I attended with Brummies he (and Jordan and Bellerby) were very evident chatting to big Crowd waiting to get in and Cook was walking round chatting to people at the Good Friday match I attended to.

I get the feeling he quite likes to play the "bad guy" but sometimes oversteps the mark. I can only say that he does more good than bad but gets bad wrap when he says silly things.

Edited by HGould
spelling

Not one but two promotional initiatives come out from Eastbourne today. 

Just proves it can be done, if you have the ideas and the drive to see them through.

Weather looks good for Sunday's match at Arlington -- the work they put in deserves a massive attendance, It would be a just reward.

On 6/14/2019 at 7:47 PM, woofers said:

Ha, ha, ha, we’re still waiting for the outcome of the SCB’s “full investigation” into the calling off of the Eastbourne v Mildenhall National league match last October.

The BSPA have difficulty in creating their own limited company.

Do you really think either organisation are in a position to police what goes into a programme

Yes as each home team has to send in a programme for each meeting. They ARE read.

12 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Yes as each home team has to send in a programme for each meeting. They ARE read.

Now Done electronically Dave, and the BSPA do not read them, only the press office ( Mr.Perason's boys ) so they can pinch stories for the S/S or Speedway GB website.

28 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Agree

13 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Now Done electronically Dave, and the BSPA do not read them, only the press office ( Mr.Perason's boys ) so they can pinch stories for the S/S or Speedway GB website.

Disagree

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Before the meeting takes place ? And with enough time to censor or ask for amendments and a print re-run ? 

As you're in the know, any news of the SCB’s “full investigation” into the calling off of the Eastbourne v Mildenhall National league match last October ?

14 minutes ago, woofers said:

Before the meeting takes place ? And with enough time to censor or ask for amendments and a print re-run ? 

As you're in the know, any news of the SCB’s “full investigation” into the calling off of the Eastbourne v Mildenhall National league match last October ?

Inquiry continues.

48 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Inquiry continues.

8 months later, it’s still  continuing ? You’re joking surely. And some want me to believe these organisations are going to review and take appropriate action on programme notes ??!!

Were Eastbourne and Mildenhall fined for not fulfilling their leagues fixtures ?

1 hour ago, woofers said:

NO. It is sent after the meeting. Do you have a problem. ?

I don't think I have a problem, I appear to have misunderstood the earlier posts which I took to suggest that the BSPA / SCB would take action against programme notes bringing the sport into disrepute and that these programme notes would be reviewed in advance, thereby preventing any such disrepute coming into the public domain in the first place.

On reflection I realise that this is probably impractical on the one hand and unlikely on the other. Sorry if i caused you some offence or angst.

Really pleased to see Jason Edwards back at the club, but a bit mystified by who got dropped.

IMO Georgie has the potential to succeed & is more than worthy of his place. Don't think Alfie ever will.

In Ben's defence he was riding No.2, so had the harder rides.

Think they dropped the wrong bloke.

11 minutes ago, mmmmethanol said:

Really pleased to see Jason Edwards back at the club, but a bit mystified by who got dropped.

IMO Georgie has the potential to succeed & is more than worthy of his place. Don't think Alfie ever will.

I agree. That's a bizarre decision.

Morley is averaging way higher than Bowtell according to the club website.

14 minutes ago, mmmmethanol said:

Totally agree with mmmmethanol on that score. Ben has been at No 2 all season & scored quite well at Arlington but has struggled away. But this is the case for most No 2’s at every other club in the Championship away from their home track. Ben has not had the luxury of riding down at reserve this season like others have at other clubs & OK Jason is probably worthy of a run in a Championship team, I just hope it doesn’t effect his confidence like others who have tried the step up, only to eventually be dropped and lose interest in riding speedway & calling it a day.

Another thing to note is that with this change being made Georgie will now ride at No 2 meaning only having 4 programmed rides & not a possible 7 rides as he would have at reserve resulting in the possible loss of the big scores he was achieving at Arlington.

Personally I think this change would have been justified if 2 riders  Ben and Kyle as the other had been dropped enabling the Eagles to bring in Jason as a 2 pointer & a potential 7 pointer to be the 4th heat leader. Could have brought in Bradley Wilson Dean if he is fit.

• Like 2