British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2019

Eastie have throughout the years been a predominantly  British team. Most of our success in the top league was built around Martin Dugard, Norris, Barker and Screen, hopefully that will continue. 

8 hours ago, HGould said:

lwould wager a few quid too that having had to quickly build a side for 2019 therefore mainly Lakeside + Eastbourne NL plus Kennett and Kerr, that Eagles (and Brummies) sides in 2020, when they can properly plan will look a whole lot different with a number of new riders introduce, in Eagles case probably move away from all British, a noble gesture but handicaps them.

I would imagine that Eastbourne built the team way before it was confirmed they had joined the CL, its building a cost effective side over a season or so that will challenge..

On 7/19/2019 at 7:52 PM, M.D said:

I would imagine that Eastbourne built the team way before it was confirmed they had joined the CL, its building a cost effective side over a season or so that will challenge..

They have built the team within a budget to afford CL racing, change that and there won’t be any racing.

If Jonny foreigner is the answer then I doubt that as well as not many will relish riding at a small tight circuit on a Saturday night.

Please can someone explain the situation regarding Georgie Wood. The Eastbourne website says :

Eastbourne director Ian Jordan explained:

“Georgie Wood is unwell and as a result of missing an official fixture for the Isle Of Wight on Monday and following them reporting this to the SCB; Georgie has been given a mandatory seven-day riding ban by the Speedway Control Bureau over which Eastbourne have no jurisdiction or right of appeal.” 

The Isle of Wight website says :

“Warriors arrived without Georgie Wood who was still under the weather following a recent illness and drafted in Cradley’s Jack Smith as a guest rider for the night......”

The SCB website says .........nothing (no surprise there).

So the IOW have reported  a rider for an illness related no show, even though they had cover for him? That seems bit harsh, I would understand it if a rider simply failed to arrive and made no contact with the club but that doesn’t appear to be the case here.

Nice to see that rather SCB can act so quickly, perhaps they could let us know the result of the “full investigation” they promised to undertake on the non running of the league match against Mildenhall last October.

8 minutes ago, woofers said:

Please can someone explain the situation regarding Georgie Wood. The Eastbourne website says :

Eastbourne director Ian Jordan explained:

“Georgie Wood is unwell and as a result of missing an official fixture for the Isle Of Wight on Monday and following them reporting this to the SCB; Georgie has been given a mandatory seven-day riding ban by the Speedway Control Bureau over which Eastbourne have no jurisdiction or right of appeal.” 

The Isle of Wight website says :

“Warriors arrived without Georgie Wood who was still under the weather following a recent illness and drafted in Cradley’s Jack Smith as a guest rider for the night......”

The SCB website says .........nothing (no surprise there).

So the IOW have reported  a rider for an illness related no show, even though they had cover for him? That seems bit harsh, I would understand it if a rider simply failed to arrive and made no contact with the club but that doesn’t appear to be the case here.

Nice to see that rather SCB can act so quickly, perhaps they could let us know the result of the “full investigation” they promised to undertake on the non running of the league match against Mildenhall last October.

My understanding is that it is automatic and mandatory. Riders are stood down if they get head injuries. Similarly, they get a 7-day ban if they miss a meeting through illness.

I can't remember the reason for the illness ban but probably it is to prevent riders being 'tactically' ill to avoid a meeting they don't fancy for whatever reason or a club pulling a flanker to replace a rider who does not go well somewhere with one who will.

• Like 5

Exactly as above. Riders in the NL can no longer miss a meeting for any reason unless they are under 18/21 (can't remember) so the Warriors had the choice of either declaring unfit through illness (which was the reason Georgie supplied) and be able to use guest replacement or unable to travel and have to use an unattached rider under 3.00. No brainer for the IOW really and RR probably won't hurt Eastbourne at home anyway.

24 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Exactly as above. Riders in the NL can no longer miss a meeting for any reason unless they are under 18/21 (can't remember) so the Warriors had the choice of either declaring unfit through illness (which was the reason Georgie supplied) and be able to use guest replacement or unable to travel and have to use an unattached rider under 3.00. No brainer for the IOW really and RR probably won't hurt Eastbourne at home anyway.

And r/r didn't hurt Eastbourne at Glasgow either, probably helped them

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Pretty sure  nl riders can miss meetings if they cannot get time off dew to work commitments but only if the rider only rides in the NL 

6 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Pretty sure  nl riders can miss meetings if they cannot get time off dew to work commitments but only if the rider only rides in the NL 

Im certainly not saying the rules haven't been amended / badly written because we all know that is that case throughout the book but as per the regulations:

19.10 FACILITIES In the NDL, only a rider who is 18 years old and under may be absent for any reason providing 3 days notice is given.

G No facility -  Any rider not in a NDL Declaration and whose MA does not exceed 3.00

Guest Loose Diamond
On 7/25/2019 at 7:30 AM, Richard Weston said:

My understanding is that it is automatic and mandatory. Riders are stood down if they get head injuries. Similarly, they get a 7-day ban if they miss a meeting through illness.

I can't remember the reason for the illness ban but probably it is to prevent riders being 'tactically' ill to avoid a meeting they don't fancy for whatever reason or a club pulling a flanker to replace a rider who does not go well somewhere with one who will.

I can remember Oliver Allen. ( Apparently well respected for bringing younger riders on.) He guested for Newcastle at Arena Essex and was a disgrace. I think he scored about 0 or 1. Someone will correct me on this if I'm wrong I'm sure. A few occasions when he was riding, he was mysteriously I'll when he had to ride for his team at Newcastle. So this tactically "I'll" situation has happened before. Also before anyone reminds me the same situation occurred with Ron Henderson years ago as well. Allen not a good role model for youngsters. Neither is Rory Schlein . I.E. at Berwick.

On 7/26/2019 at 9:52 AM, Loose Diamond said:

I can remember Oliver Allen. ( Apparently well respected for bringing younger riders on.) He guested for Newcastle at Arena Essex and was a disgrace. I think he scored about 0 or 1. Someone will correct me on this if I'm wrong I'm sure. A few occasions when he was riding, he was mysteriously I'll when he had to ride for his team at Newcastle. So this tactically "I'll" situation has happened before. Also before anyone reminds me the same situation occurred with Ron Henderson years ago as well. Allen not a good role model for youngsters. Neither is Rory Schlein . I.E. at Berwick.

Ollie Allan scored one point, and we took him out of his last ride. Went down as the worst guest we ever had.

Guest Loose Diamond
4 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Ollie Allan scored one point, and we took him out of his last ride. Went down as the worst guest we ever had.

Yes. Definitely followed by City Garcia at Edinburgh. In KOC.

Guest Loose Diamond
1 hour ago, Loose Diamond said:

Yes. Definitely followed by City Garcia at Edinburgh. In KOC.

Coty

On 2/21/2019 at 2:57 PM, cityrebel said:

I suppose in len's defence, he did have staging costs and medical cover to pay for. I don't see how Reading can meet that outlay, unless they have some decent sponsors.

Planning to pop down at the weekend for the Glasgow match - not been there since i was kid and gonna have a few hours in town beforehand. 

Quick question about the parking at the the track - can't say i remember how big it is...  is it ok to turn up anytime or does it get filled up quick..?

Cheers

Tom

edit - oh, also decent chippy recommendations welcome. Thanks

Edited by The Doctor...