British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2019

2 hours ago, The Doctor... said:

Planning to pop down at the weekend for the Glasgow match - not been there since i was kid and gonna have a few hours in town beforehand. 

Quick question about the parking at the the track - can't say i remember how big it is...  is it ok to turn up anytime or does it get filled up quick..?

Cheers

Tom

edit - oh, also decent chippy recommendations welcome. Thanks

Plenty of free parking at the stadium. My favourite chippy in Eastbourne is Qualisea, which is at the seafront end of the main shopping street.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Plenty of free parking at the stadium. My favourite chippy in Eastbourne is Qualisea, which is at the seafront end of the main shopping street.

Lovely thanks. 

On 7/30/2019 at 2:21 AM, The Doctor... said:

Lovely thanks. 

Loads of decent chippies down the drag to the seafront.  Hope you have a super day in Sussex by the Sea.

5 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Loads of decent chippies down the drag to the seafront.  Hope you have a super day in Sussex by the Sea.

Thanks Richard - looking forward to it.  Not been there since 92 ish  i think to see the Racers get a whooping.  

https://www.eastbourne-speedway.com/wood-hit-with-28-day-ban/

“Terms have been agreed with Danyon Hume and his parent club (Ipswich) were happy to sanction the move. The change has been notified to the BSPA in a revised 1-7. 

However, at the time of writing the BSPA have not yet ratified the signing due to a new rule (not in the rule book)  that prevents riders already signed  to NDL clubs being prevented from signing for higher Division Clubs IF there are Fixture clashes that impact on the long held rule that Championship Fixtures take priority over NDL Fixtures.

A Club spokesman said: “We have to respect that decision but have formally appealed to The Directors of the BSPA and await an adjudication”. “

A new rule not in the rule book, eh.

Fancy that. Sometimes I wonder how speedway even maintains its low credibility. Professional, nah.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, woofers said:

https://www.eastbourne-speedway.com/wood-hit-with-28-day-ban/

“Terms have been agreed with Danyon Hume and his parent club (Ipswich) were happy to sanction the move. The change has been notified to the BSPA in a revised 1-7. 

However, at the time of writing the BSPA have not yet ratified the signing due to a new rule (not in the rule book)  that prevents riders already signed  to NDL clubs being prevented from signing for higher Division Clubs IF there are Fixture clashes that impact on the long held rule that Championship Fixtures take priority over NDL Fixtures.

A Club spokesman said: “We have to respect that decision but have formally appealed to The Directors of the BSPA and await an adjudication”. “

A new rule not in the rule book, eh.

Fancy that. Sometimes I wonder how speedway even maintains its low credibility. Professional, nah.

I would say unbelievable,  but unfortunately it's totally believable. 

Whatever happens to Easties season,  and there is still a chance of a trophy (or 2) as a new promotion and some what enforced, they should be congratulated on fielding a team full of British riders all season dispite some changes enforced or otherwise , even now if approved. Hopefully another start of a Dugard, Norris, Barker type era, not everybody's cup of tea, but they were  successful for a few years when the elite was elite, be great to see Brennen and Brooks at 1 and 5 in a few years time. 

Edited by gazzac

To be fair, I'd be a bit miffed if I supported a National League side and a Saturday track in the Championship had signed one of our heat leaders halfway through the season.  Good to see Charlie Brooks get a go though, hopefully it'll be good experience for him.

A bit of information for anyone thinking of going to Eastbourne Speedway tomorrow for the Sheffield match, last week there was internet connections problems to credit/debit card readers and it affected not only the speedway but much of the local area as there is a fault with a local transmitter which might not be fixed by tomorrow so anyone attending the meeting are being asked to make sure they have cash with them to pay just in case otherwise they wont be able to to gain entry.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hammer1969 said:

A bit of information for anyone thinking of going to Eastbourne Speedway tomorrow for the Sheffield match, last week there was internet connections problems to credit/debit card readers and it affected not only the speedway but much of the local area as there is a fault with a local transmitter which might not be fixed by tomorrow so anyone attending the meeting are being asked to make sure they have cash with them to pay just in case otherwise they wont be able to to gain entry.

nice of them to at least make people aware to avoid disappointment.

I'm still shocked to find so many speedways that allow only cash anyway.

54 minutes ago, HGould said:

nice of them to at least make people aware to avoid disappointment.

I'm still shocked to find so many speedways that allow only cash anyway.

how can people still be shocked by promoters only wanting cash only ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/30/2019 at 6:19 PM, old bob at herne bay said:

Cash in denominations of  £20 or less (no £50 notes) and certanly no Scottish Currency !!!!!!

Bore off you old misery - you've been pulled up as a liar many times recently on here.. any chance of you contributing anything remotely relevant ?

On 8/31/2019 at 7:51 AM, jenga said:

how can people still be shocked by promoters only wanting cash only ?

this old pillock is as bad as gustix - anyone but his old track is fair game. 

Edited by The Doctor...
  • Like 1

On 8/30/2019 at 4:04 PM, gazzac said:

I would say unbelievable,  but unfortunately it's totally believable. 

Whatever happens to Easties season,  and there is still a chance of a trophy (or 2) as a new promotion and some what enforced, they should be congratulated on fielding a team full of British riders all season dispite some changes enforced or otherwise , even now if approved. Hopefully another start of a Dugard, Norris, Barker type era, not everybody's cup of tea, but they were  successful for a few years when the elite was elite, be great to see Brennen and Brooks at 1 and 5 in a few years time. 

In all fairness it was regarded and publicised as a great hurrah that Eastbourne fielded an all British team but in reality a new promotion cannot sign any sponsored overseas riders in the first year. Will be interesting to see how British the side is next year.  

8 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

In all fairness it was regarded and publicised as a great hurrah that Eastbourne fielded an all British team but in reality a new promotion cannot sign any sponsored overseas riders in the first year. Will be interesting to see how British the side is next year.  

I think they could have signed any rider from the EU; ie: not needing a permit.