British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2019

Lydd as well, which has been going for years, Swindon also had a small track inside the main one, though like Lynn (Olle used the main track) , not sure if it was ever used. 

6 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Thanks everyone, I never realised there had been so many, and so many closed.

Yes its tragic really so if Eastbourne are finally looking at re-instating then all the better. I guess the change in modern times though is that the youth rounds are raced upon the regular circuits so riders are looking to practice upon the same. That said i believe Iwade & Scunthorpe operate the policy of getting laps in on the smaller tracks and learning techniques before progressing to the main tracks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Yes its tragic really so if Eastbourne are finally looking at re-instating then all the better. I guess the change in modern times though is that the youth rounds are raced upon the regular circuits so riders are looking to practice upon the same. That said i believe Iwade & Scunthorpe operate the policy of getting laps in on the smaller tracks and learning techniques before progressing to the main tracks.

little track like they used to have at Arlington returning is a great move by the Dugards (Martin and Connor) and Cook and should be a real boost for the sport and riders in the South East and the club.

Got to be an advantage too to have a separate Training track like they had and will have. That saves the main track from over-wear and over use like we see at Leicester.

• Like 2

My memory is not the best but I think in the early days of Mildenhall there was a small training track near the small main track.

On 9/18/2019 at 7:48 AM, gazzac said:

Thanks everyone, I never realised there had been so many, and so many closed.

I think Scunny have one too

29 minutes ago, iainb said:

I think Scunny have one too

They do it is based near the entrance. First thing you  see.

They are calling it a pit bike track; is that one and the same thing as a speedway training track?

On 9/18/2019 at 7:53 AM, SPEEDY69 said:

Lydd as well, which has been going for years, Swindon also had a small track inside the main one, though like Lynn (Olle used the main track) , not sure if it was ever used. 

It was used for the british under 15 championship at the infamous 'last ever' meeting at the Abbey. It was the only reason i went!

21 hours ago, Chris116 said:

My memory is not the best but I think in the early days of Mildenhall there was a small training track near the small main track.

You are correct.

3 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

They are calling it a pit bike track; is that one and the same thing as a speedway training track?

Similar i suspect. There is a large contingent of speedway & grasstrack riders who have been competing in a pitbike series on the Iwade mini track for the past couple of winters. Maybe Eastbourne are looking to capitalise on this growing interest and inexpensive form of motorsport.

Just now, Sings4Speedway said:

Similar i suspect. There is a large contingent of speedway & grasstrack riders who have been competing in a pitbike series on the Iwade mini track for the past couple of winters. Maybe Eastbourne are looking to capitalise on this growing interest and inexpensive form of motorsport.

That makes sense -- they brought some pit bikes to a corporate day in the NL for business folk to have a go on

On 9/16/2019 at 7:23 PM, Hackett said:

.Be surprised if it is Ian Jordan that moves on , he has been central to the commercial development of the club over recent years. Sponsoring riders Tom Brennan, Jason Edwards to now being a director and driving a lot of the organisation forward. 

On track - Dependent on BSPA deciding on one league or two. Think on track main change will be the balance of the team heat leader heavy and effectively 3 reserves didn't work. 

Tom Brennan will be back even though attached to a false average from his time at reserve.

Be surprising if Eagles don't persist with Jason Edwards with a couple of months experience in CL.

Lewi Kerr has stated his preference of returning for another season and is a fans favourite.

Lawson has done an excellent job for majority of the season. An excellent rider at this level. Part of Jon Cook's Hammers quartet that was brought in so be interesting if he returns. 

Newman has done a solid job at second string + steadily improved at Arlington. Has an average that doesnt get considered in first team draft but if fits Eagles 2020 I would look to bring him back. 

Woods was announced over speakers he had retired from speedway. Excellent at Arlington woeful away. #Eastbournitis 

Bowtell flattered to deceive but was handed 2nd string spot to start which was unfair + struggled for confidence. At reserve was better but if the Eagles go for Edwards at reserve unlikely to return.

Kennett never going to live up to starting average - was solid until hampered with arm injury. Surgery over winter taking plates out be interesting to see whether he wants to continue or return. 

He most defiantly has not retired from the sport, he needs to take stock and invest in his set up, if he does that then he can improve as a rider.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

I heard he had retired too? And was back on the grass? 

Be a brave Promoter who'd take him on in 2020 after messing IOW and Eagles up so much, cost IOW play-offs and Eagles possibly a KOC and Shield?

Add him to the long list of great potential unfulfilled. 

• Like 2