British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2019

35 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

The meetings are not irrelevant to us fans though, play offs or not we support our team and deserve to see our team regardless of which league they are in.  The root cause of all this problem is the doubling up to which no one seems to have a solution.

I didn’t say your meeting is irrelevant, I was responding to the claim that it’s all about the Premiership. I’m saying that if your meeting was a Play Off tie and Ipswich’s was a dead rubber on a Thursday night then common sense would be for Lawson to ride for Eastbourne. 

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I didn’t say your meeting is irrelevant, I was responding to the claim that it’s all about the Premiership. I’m saying that if your meeting was a Play Off tie and Ipswich’s was a dead rubber on a Thursday night then common sense would be for Lawson to ride for Eastbourne. 

I understand what your saying but common sense would be for the Premiership to stick to the Monday and Thursday nights agreed for them.

37 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

I understand what your saying but common sense would be for the Premiership to stick to the Monday and Thursday nights agreed for them.

Not just common sense, but it’s actually the rules (16.1.1), not what anybody thinks is a ‘more important’ meeting.

I’d like to hear what the Eastbourne management have to say.

3 hours ago, hammer1969 said:

If Eastie move the meeting to 5th October it will clash with BT coverage of the GP and that will affect the crowd big time.  The rules say Premiership get priority on Monday and Thursdays the Championship get priority the other days.  Why should Eastbourne and their fans suffer it's the last meeting of our season and we deserve to have our team there.  

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Number of Brummies fans out of pocket when original Fixture cancelled in early August after BSPA told Eastie to ride KOC Tie.

Would be a bit unfair to cancel again when a number of us have again booked Hotels for Saturday night.

Not Easties fault but not sure Brummies would agree to cancelling again any way.

Both good points that I had overlooked.

• Like 1

Even as an Eagles fan - If Lawson had to choose I am sure he would choose a play-off rather than a dead rubber. However why the fixture is put on a Sat when neither team rides on that night of the week ; seems very strange. Guess BT makes the decisions and if their is any glimmer of a tv deal to continue - SCB are going to bend over .... 

Lawson served Eagles so well this year. I would support club totAlly if they said ride for Ipswich in a final. It feels the right thing to do for a rider who had given so much to Eastbourne. What I think of those who picked the date is another issue.

Despite all the good intentions re fixture "planning" in 2019 , seems that collectivley the clubs and the BSPA cannot manage to complete the few league fixtures that are now run in the UK in a timely manner.  We have the Suporters Cup final, Championship shields., KO CUp , p offs all taking place in the same month . Not to mention every league's "championship" , pairs etc etc 

EB failing to run their league fixtures before the cut off has contributed  to the problem.    No rain offs ... just lack of regular Saturday action with 2 or 3 meetings a month from April. 

No surprise Premiership  p. off  postponement causes such a headache.  BT Sport  will call the shots on scheduling .... the BSPA can say yes sir, yes sir,  or not have any TV coverage next season ?

On 9/21/2019 at 10:59 PM, Hackett said:

. it was definately stated he had called Eagles and retired 

As I said, Georgie is back in the Eagles line up on Saturday...

10 hours ago, M.D said:

As I said, Georgie is back in the Eagles line up on Saturday...

How very strange 

• Like 1

If anyone is attending the "Press Conference" tonight please advise.....

Edited by Hackett

Newman and Kerr announce (as long as there are no drastic changes made at the AGM) that they have both agreed a deal with Eastbourne for next season.

1 hour ago, Hackett said:

If anyone is attending the "Press Conference" tinight please advise.....

I was out of the car park quicker lan Lewis Hamilton tonight!

Good to hear Lewi Kerr and Newman will return. 

Kerr has been excellent all season and scored solidly all season. Certainly a fans favourite. Newman has offered stability to the team and scored steadily and improved meeting by meeting. 

This season the Eagles got the make up of the team wrong with 3 reserves and a too top heavy. This is a decent start for 2020 with no doubt Tom Brennan to follow. 

7 hours ago, Hackett said:

Good to hear Lewi Kerr and Newman will return. 

Kerr has been excellent all season and scored solidly all season. Certainly a fans favourite. Newman has offered stability to the team and scored steadily and improved meeting by meeting. 

This season the Eagles got the make up of the team wrong with 3 reserves and a too top heavy. This is a decent start for 2020 with no doubt Tom Brennan to follow. 

Best to check club website so you are aware of the ‘subject to’ so that you are fully in picture. But basically, back unless there is a huge upheaval in UK speedway.

Added later: They are going to have race suits next year.

Edited by Richard Weston
additional info
  • Like 1